Some questions about the S5

joestefano

Posted · Some questions about the S5

Can you somehow send G Code commands directly to the S5? Not while printing. What G code is for auto leveling? Can it be skipped if you alter the print file? 

What is the difference between a AA core and a BB core, they look the same.

Has any designed a holder for extra cores?

Posted (edited) · Some questions about the S5
    49 minutes ago, joestefano said:

Can you somehow send G Code commands directly to the S5? Not while printing. What G code is for auto leveling? Can it be skipped if you alter the print file? 

I can’t speak to the g-code question however; the AA and BB cores externally appear the same with the differences within. The BB Core being uniquely designed for PVA.

With regards to a Print Core holder; I personally have not found a need for one but suspect that there is one out there and if not, it would be a relatively easy item to design.

Takes care.

Edited by Shadowman
    Spelling

Posted · Some questions about the S5

I will try to answer some of your questions:

45 minutes ago, joestefano said:

Can you somehow send G Code commands directly to the S5? Not while printing.

Yes this is possible via SSH connection (you have to turn on the developer mode first) and then login and send gcodes with a command line tool. I haven't used it myself yet, so I just know it is possible, for details you have search the forum here, there are some other posts where you can find the excact name of the command line tool.

47 minutes ago, joestefano said:

What G code is for auto leveling?

I am not sure if you can trigger auto leveling manually, because as far as I know the printer handles the leveling and not a gcode command. But maybe there is also a gcode for it, I don't know.

49 minutes ago, joestefano said:

Only from outside. The BB core has a different inner shape which is needed for PVA that the material will not clog the nozzle. I have seen somewhere a cross section picture, but could not find it yet.

51 minutes ago, joestefano said:

There are a lot of print core holders on Youmagine and Thinigverse. But not all of them are really working. I printed some, but they all have a very tight fit and I decided to not press fit my print core into the holder 🙂 But check the simpler ones, they fit better.