How to 3D print with reinforced engineering materials

SandervG

Posted · How to 3D print with reinforced engineering materials

Hello!

Since more composite engineering materials are becoming available through Ultimaker Cura and the material alliances we're forming, Ultimaker is hosting a webinar where we explain how you can achieve and maintain a high print success rate using these new materials. Most of us have probably mastered the skill of printing PLA, but some of those new materials require more specific and challenging 3D print guidelines and understanding. 

Learn from Ultimaker's Product Manager of Materials and top chemical engineer Bart van As how you can take your 3D printing to that next level.

When?

On December 17 at 4pm CEST (10am EDT). 

Interested? 

Register here if you want to participate.

Got any questions? 

Feel free to post them below! We hope to see you there! 

I think it was green screen :)

looked very cool!

But cool, like a spaceship command center 🙂 

Thanks! It was indeed a green screen. We're in the process of setting up a studio though, but we're not there yet 🙂

Did you like the webinar? Was it useful for you?

I expected a little bit more details and I missed the "how to" of the title, but it was nice an had a very professional touch.

I thought we will get some info about how to setup Cura, are there some settings which are important to switch on/off and so on. But on the other hand, that would not fit into 30 minutes, so maybe I had the wrong expectations. 

But anyway, it was good and I am looking forward to the next webinar. 

15 minutes ago, Smithy said:

I expected a little bit more details and I missed the "how to" of the title, but it was nice an had a very professional touch.

I thought we will get some info about how to setup Cura, are there some settings which are important to switch on/off and so on. But on the other hand, that would not fit into 30 minutes, so maybe I had the wrong expectations. 

But anyway, it was good and I am looking forward to the next webinar. 

well said!

I think the format, Presenter and interviewee worked very well. Both did an excelent job, and spoke clearly which is so important! I couldn't really see the reason for the Owens Corning video which must have been at least 25% of the allotted time, i would have preferred more QA, and a link to the video to watch after. I dont really see the point of any pre-recorded content at all in a webinar... Thats what youtube is for. I think anybody who is committed to watching a webinar at a specific time is likely a professional user looking for more detail and more complexity from the format in general. I cant say i really learned anything new today, but i guess it was nice to have the summary of my research confirmed.

That said, i did enjoy it and i'll definitely tune in for the next one!

Thanks for the feedback guys! Much appreciated. I will pass it along and we'll keep it in mind for the next webinar. 

If you have any questions which weren't answered or perhaps you didn't ask, please post them here and we'll get them answered 🙂

Posted (edited) · How to 3D print with reinforced engineering materials

Sander, some remarks.

Regarding the content:

- Don't think i learned something new, it was all very general, i felt it was a S5 sales talk. But i am around here a lot, so maybe i am not the right audience.

-Hoped for some tips, but all was very general, ofcourse it was only 30 minutes, i was designing a part while following the conversations.

Edited by RudydG

That's great very interesting.