bob-hepple

Mark 2 Upgrade and Fillament Holder

Posted · Mark 2 Upgrade and Fillament Holder

Hi All

I'm finally coming to finishing my Mark 2 Upgrade and only the Z offset calibration to print, I want to use a better Fillament Holder I use iRoberts Ballraced holder at moment and printed a Holder for the second real that hangs on the side, im using Bondetch extruders and thought of printing the UM3 holder, has anyone seen a nice design that would be good to use with my setup.

any suggestions appreciated. 

For the last year or so I just put the spool on the table behind the printer.  Spool holders are over-rated.  Those feeders on the um2, um3, s5 can pull 10 to 20 pounds (5 to 10kg)  An extra ounce (30 grams) of force to rotate the spool on my table is not an issue.

Conny_g

thank you for taking the time in answering will check that link out

gr5

thank you for your input, unfortunately space says a spool holder is to be used, and complete agree about the force needed, that is why I like iRoberts so much it is completely free of any force needed..

Conny_g

had a look at your design which I have downloaded, your also using iRobert Design? did you use the mount that originally fits on back of UM2?? iRobert did,  and what size of thread print bar, are you using mine is 48mm long but your looks a lot longer was it the 90mm he did.

am I thinking correct Conny-g I looked for the UM2s holder and found this when Im looking at your pics have you cut this or have you used iRoberts equivalent part that slots in at the UM2 back.

um2 reel holder.jpg

It’s the UM holes I cut out and both do fit, the UM holder and the iRobert one.