Co-Polyester + PVA?

Stenrik

Posted (edited) · Co-Polyester + PVA?

I was planning to print with some ColorFabb transparent Co-Polyester from on my Ultimaker 3.  The hope was that I could use it with Ultimaker brand PVA support material in the 2nd head. 

However, the Co-polyester's processing temp is 220-240 degrees C.  I know that PVA will not support materials with significantly higher printing temps, but this seems like a grey zone.

Also, just saw this on Ultlimaker's site:

"PVA is only supported on the Ultimaker 3 and is currently optimized to serve as a support structure for either PLA or Nylon."

This suggests that there may be a problem combining these materials?  Thanks! 

Edited by Stenrik
Typo

Posted · Co-Polyester + PVA?

I haven't tried ColorFabb Co-Polyester, but Ultimaker CPE and PVA are totally a workable and supported combination, per the chart here: https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/49799-material-compatibility 

Ultimaker CPE+ isn't supported with PVA (it uses a high bed temperature), but regular Ultimaker CPE is supported with it. In theory ColorFabb Co-Polyester is probably okay, but I haven't tried it. If you're going to try a combination with PVA that you're not sure about...keep an eye on the print when testing it out.

• Like 1