DPhillips

Where is my Rotate Button?

Posted · Where is my Rotate Button?

Cura 3.6 There is no rotate button in the left-edge buttons. I've seen installs on other computers and the button is included, mine is missing. I had the same problem in Cura 3.4.

System: Win 10 home, Version 10.0.17134,

Processor    AMD A8-6500 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 3500 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Perhaps I'm blind (again) but I don't see any reference to a rotate tool plugin. More details? Thank you very much for the assistance.

In recent Cura (4.0?) this dialog is called the Marketplace. Previously, it was called the Toolbox.

Screenshot_2019-02-03_22-15-00.thumb.png.f796bb1180f4446429c3d13b9dc0b773.png

I don't have a Rotate Tool listing in Marketplace.My list looks slightly different than yours, there are two columns, sorted alphabetically, but nothing between "Repetier" and "Verson".

BTW, rotate works properly in Cura 15. Also OK in ideaMaker.

You have to click on the Installed tab, then you get the view from above.

Got the view as you suggested. No Rotate tool listed, nothing between "removable drive output device" and "STL Writer". 

What now????

I also have 'no' rotate option in the marketplace, i DO however have a rotate button on the left hand tools bar.

Silly question, but you do have a stl loaded and have clicked on the object.on the bed ?

Dont shoot me down if i have stated the obvious :)

No, that's right, I am on the Mac with Cura 3.6 and also have no Rotation Plugin in the Marketplace, but the Rotate Tool is still there.

353816853_Bildschirmfoto2019-02-04um19_59_48.thumb.png.40051e31220df4b3fcf2e9158493c893.png

Could you post your cura.cfg somewhere and share a link to it? It can be found via Help->Show configuration folder.

Didn't post, I thought it did but it's not there. Can I have an email address to send it?  <darryl.phillips@diamondnet.us>

Nothing in there that explains why your rotate button should not show up. Can you do the same with cura.log, from the same folder?

Cura.log posted for the month of January. Entire file is too large for Pastebin. I can post more if you need it. And thanks immensely for helping!

From the same folder as Cura.log and Cura.cfg, remove the file named "plugins.json".

Somehow your Rotate Tool plugin was disabled from loading in your configuration. This "state" used to be stored in the Cura.cfg file (hence my asking for that file), but I forgot that it was moved to the plugins.json file a couple of versions ago.

I HAVE A ROTATE BUTTON 1  Thanks so much, it works fine.

Perhaps this fix should be posted where other poor souls can find it.

Thanks again.