X-Type

Runtime stats

Posted · Runtime stats

Hi

When the printer shows the following runtime stats, what does that actually mean?

Machine on for: 389:57
Printing 8:44
Mat: 3m

Thanks!

Posted · Runtime stats

It's in hours:minutes

So someone left the printer on for about 15 days.  It has printed for only a total of a bit under 9 hours and has printed a total of 3 meters.  This machine is basically new.  Typically you have to change the teflon part after 500 hours of printing.

I recently serviced a machine for my local library and they had printed 5000 meters.  That's 5 kilometers of filament!

• Like 1

Posted · Runtime stats

Thanks!
That's great. I think I'll be buying this one then :)

So 3 meters of filament i 8h44m is about 5,7mm filament / minute
I guess that is a normal consumption then.

Posted · Runtime stats

It's unlikely.  If you do a firmware update it doesn't reset those counters.  If you do a "FACTORY RESET" operation it also does not reset those counters.

Posted · Runtime stats
6 hours ago, gr5 said:

It's unlikely.  If you do a firmware update it doesn't reset those counters.  If you do a "FACTORY RESET" operation it also does not reset those counters.

That's true, but it's of course possible that only the mainboard was replaced... 😈

The numbers are very low, how old is the printer? In short: I would not make a decision only based on those numbers. It's a good indicator if the overall condition of the device matches, but not more.

In this case it doesn't matter much, but for reference:

Be aware that "printing" and "material" counters are only ticking for prints from the sd card. During USB printing only the "machine on" timer is updated every hour.

(assuming that the default firmware is used)

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Runtime stats

Thanks. 

I have no specific reason to suspect anything was tampered with, I just wondered about the numbers, and that it seemed to be a big difference. And then there could be a good explanation, if the printer has been used with USB interface, I understand it may have been running for close to 400h rather than 9h.

I guess the amount of original filament remaining, will give me a hint on this 😉

Edited by X-Type

Posted · Runtime stats

Like tinkergnome said: also inspect the rods, bearings, rubber bands, nozzle, bowden tube, and rotating knob for wear, and the housing for scratches. My UM2s have 1000...1500 hours, and they still print fine. But you can see some wear on these parts. Depending on the material and temp printed, expect that the teflon coupler might also be worn (but this is hard to see, you would need to do a cold pull and inspect the outcome for deformations).