"Cookie" Cutter walls look like mesh and are way too flimsy

LeesaMari

Posted · "Cookie" Cutter walls look like mesh and are way too flimsy

I know there are likely a lot of questions about this on the forums, and I have read a few. But as I am EXTREMELY new to this, I am having a difficult time making heads or tails of the responses. I designed 2  cookie cutter in photoshop and illustrator, saved as stl imported cura and printed to my Ender 3, they came out awesome. Nice strong cutter walls and base. When I designed a new one (similar design/difficulty) it printed horribly. The walls are see thru, and the base is not smooth. As far as I know I did not make any adjustments to Cura settings. I have tried redesigning it and have also tried multiple design techniques (illustrator and Tinkercad combo instread of photoshop illustrator combo). Please pardon if I sound like a simpleton as I said I am only 3 weeks out of the gate with this whole endeavor.

Any help as to what I can do to improve the quality of this cutter...would be appreciated.

I do not have a picture unfortunately as I have thrown away all failed attempts. And as for the setting I am using in Cura, I have since messed around with them based on info I have found here in the forums, but again, as I said I have not had any luck.

Thank you for your patience and please, feel free to dumb down your responses 🙂

Could you attach your stl file?

I'm new on the forums and need approval to post, so there might be a delay in responses. 

I have to work the next three nights so it'll take a bit for me to look at it. Hopefully, someone can give you assistance sooner 

Photos please.  Look at the part in layer view to make sure it's even *trying* to print solid walls versus skipping the walls on some layers.  What you describe may be underextrusion so first try slowing it to half speed.  But give more details please.