Brulti

Restoring backups from previous version impossible with CURA 4.0

Posted (edited) · Restoring backups from previous version impossible with CURA 4.0

Hello,

I work on two computers so I make extensive use of the cloud backup to easily transfer my custom materials and profiles between them. But it seems that CURA 4.0 does not accept backups from CURA 3.6. When I tried, I got a message: 'Tried to restore a Cura backup that does not match your current version'. Creating a new backup from 4.0 works, however.

I've recently modified a few of my custom materials, and it's quite a bother to have to put them in one by one via the 'Import' option. I've tried to check within the CURA file, but I have absolutely no idea where the custom materials or profiles are stored within it.

How can I do that restore and where are the custom materials and profiles stored?

Thanks.

Edited by Brulti

Posted · Restoring backups from previous version impossible with CURA 4.0

The backups plugin is tuned a bit too paranoid, so right now it only accepts data from the same version of Cura. it's something that is on our backlog to fix and i hope to be able to fix it for 4.1

That being said; there are a few things you can do. The easiest one is clearing your 4.0 data, install 3.6 on the machine that needs to receive the data, restore the backup there and then run 4.0. The upgrader should then try to convert the 3.6 files to 4.0