ultimaker support ticket question

aabr3ds

Posted · ultimaker support ticket question

I am new to the forum (and to ultimaker) and I really want to purchase an ultimaker 2. I couldn't find a lot of detail on the ultimaker 2 and I sent up a support ticket to sales with 7 questions on Sep 22, 2013. Since then i have managed to find the answer to one of the questions myself, however, the other questions have remained unanswered. Some of the questions may seem dumb, however, I need to have them answered before I spend that much money.

How long does it take to receive an answer from ultimaker support? If this is a good example of response to sales tickets, how bad is the response to technical support tickets?

I think you caught the Sales and support groups at a bad time - on the 22nd,many of them were in New York at Maker Faire, and since then several have been at other events. With the announcement of the UM2 there's been a lot going on.

Why don't you post your questions here, and you can probably get the answers you need from the folks on the forum?

Illuminarti has used the UM2. Other people here have one of the first 5 or so, I have played with one up close. Just post your questions here instead. Support is busy helping people who already bought an ultimaker.

Hi aabr3ds,

Welcome!

I think Sep 22 isn't the best timing, but we're going to push out a mail to all of those who have asked a question that is likely to cover your question and answer some you hadn't asked yet. Bear with us a little bit longer. We're getting lots of sales requests for the Ultimaker 2, but we will scale up support staff accordingly. While this does take some time before you'll notice this, when you get your Ultimaker 2, this will probably already have happened.

In the mean time, if you ask your question here, maybe someone can already give you an answer.

Also, this video tells you quite a bit about us and our latest releases:

Bonjour, je suis un débutant dans la 3D.Est elle vraiment, une bonne imprimante pour un novice?Concernant le lit, automatique est il précis,car pas facile d'avoir un lit parfait sur une imprimante 3D.Concernant l' écran,j'ai vu le menu avec maintenance,que peut on régler?Concernant la buse est il possible de rayé le lit suite à mauvais réglage du lit?Concernant l'adhérence au lit est elle meilleur?Est elle vraiment plus fiable que UM1?

Cordialement

UM2 est probablement plus fiable, mais il est trop récent pour savoir encore. Le lit est très cohérent. Il peut prendre plusieurs heures, mais vous avez seulement besoin de niveler une fois.

J'ai déjà vu 3 personnes démontent leur UM2 pour nettoyer la buse.

Quoi qu'il en soit le fait est que UM2 est mieux, mais vous aurez toujours besoin de réparer des choses sur elle très souvent au cours des premières semaines.

Can we perhaps keep the general forums in English, please? :)

Joergen, I would very much like to hear from your experience with the U2!

Thank you all very much. I received a response from support regarding my questions and they were very helpful. I am going to be purchasing the origional in kit form and the Ultimaker 2 asap based on the awesome response from the Ultimaker community and the support staff. I agree that I had horrible timing (story of my life) and I greatly appreciate everyone's patience with me. I look forward to contributing to the Ultimaker community.

Yeah, I will post more about it when I am back from Tokyo...

I had my first plug today :-)