order Ultimaker 2

ltc

Posted · order Ultimaker 2

Hi, I try to order Ultimaker 2. But I find no filament color option like ordering UM Original before. Does anyone know if there is one free reel of filament coming with UM2? May I choose the color?

I got the spec. sheet of UM2 and UM Original. But I don't understand what is "In build display" and "direct drive". Where I can find the description about them?

Thank you.

Hi LTC,

There is a free reel of filament included with the Ultimaker 2. Just like with the Ultimaker Original.

However, it will be the Ulti-Blue PLA. So no choosing ;)

In build display means the OLED Display, that replaces the UltiController >> Build in.

The Direct drive is the replacement of the feeder mechanism. It is the black component on the back of the Ultimaker 2 pictures.

The Direct drive is the replacement of the feeder mechanism. It is the black component on the back of the Ultimaker 2 pictures.

Why call it direct drive if it's still connect by a bowden tube ??!

Direct drive refers to the lack of gearing between motor and filament, not the presence (or absence) of a Bowden Tube. Most head-mounted extruder motors also have little or no gearing, (for space reasons, if nothing else), compared to the the UM1, but that's not the aspect that they're referring to.

Hi!

I'm going to buy an Ultimaker 2 but i need to have some more specifications for what i will find in the box (like for the ultimaker original).

I've seen that somebody told that there is a filament included... but in the official page it doesn't even mentioned.

An what about the shipping date?

I'm trying to contact you in every way i can but i did not receive answer. I recently see the ultimaker 2 at the Maker Faire Rome and it convinced me so much that i neeeeeed it now...

But first i need some answers..

Hi simmon as you see SandervG say its a in cludes spool he is a part of ultimaker shure you see him at ultimaker stand in Rome theirs start delivery UM2's from the 21 of october in order last week theirs say its less than 2 weeks after the 21 of october to send the printer .

Hope to be helpfull

As for weight, do not quote me on this one, but I think the UM-Orignal was around 8kg while the UM2 is around 10-12kg (that's how heavy they feel, I've not weighted them)

The direct drive makes the machine very silent and adds less components, so less to go wrong.