Ugly walls on part of print

Posted · Ugly walls on part of print

First post here, Thanks for looking!

So I am having a issue with one side of a print always having ugly walls, but only one side everytime, even moving the part around the bed gives same result. 

My thought then is its a setting I dont know how to use. PETG in pics but does this with PLA, PLA+

goodandbad1.jpg

goodside2.jpg

badside4.jpg

badside3.jpg

goodside1.jpg

badside2.jpg

badside1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

How are the fans positioned on your printer relative to the good and bad sides?  Does the bad side get more cooling?  Less cooling?

Thank you for replying

I have tried to move the part all around the bed but same issue, the issue will always be on the North end if printed north and south and the West side if printed east and west. 

20190624_082037.jpg

20190624_082119.jpg

20190624_082108.jpg

The walls are rough and weak, but down to the other end its very smooth and nice.

badside2.jpg

Yea that's still pretty vague.  I see 2 to 4 different things going on in just the left green box.  Okay I'll pick one for you.  The area circled in blue.  I pick it because it's the easiest to diagnose with these photos.

a.png.98a735fbba03f5ab730d1020cad0e28e.png

That looks like pretty classic underextrusion.  I'd love to see it zoomed in more but I'd say 90% chance that is underextrusion.

I don't know the ender so I'm not sure what might cause this specific to an ender.

Also because it's only happening on some parts of some layers you are right on the edge.  Things that put it over the edge are things like speed changes.  I would check to see if you are speeding up in this area.  Cura defaults to multiple different printing speeds but that causes things like this circled blue area right when it speeds up and then it recovers.  So try making all the speeds the same.  Also try printing at 1/4 speed just to see what happens.  Ender uses Marlin which allows you to TUNE things live as you are printing and you can try printing at "25%" feedrate for a few layers and see what happens (experiment!) and then try 50% for a few layers.  See if that helps.  Also try raising the temp a bit.  Maybe just 10C (try at least 10C) will be enough to lower the viscocity enough for it to print just fine.

Also check in slice view and play one of these underextruded sections to see if this is right after a layer change or right after switching from infill to surface or inner surface to outer or what-have-you.

If you could zoom in more clearly on this and the other issues it would be helpful.  But definitely try making all the speeds the same and try slowing things down.

Also in cura try this:

Set Minimum Wall Flow to something like 50, combing to no skin and max comb distance without retract to 10.

Thank you for suggestions, I will try all the things you have mentioned.

I will try to get a better picture closer.