UM2 Order and Lost Confidence!

Posted · UM2 Order and Lost Confidence!

Hi

I placed an Order, on 28th September with no confirmation of purchase.

I have been speaking direct with Paul Croft (whom I met at TCT, Birmingham) who said he would get someone at head office to look into my case and also look into this when he gets back (as he is away at the moment) and he also indicated that the system was having problems. This was at the weekend just gone and I have not heard anything back yet - though many thanks to Paul for contacting me during his break.

Firstly, the money has been charged to my CC account (transaction date 1st October) but still says 'balance due' in my status and I have no evidence of my purchase other than my card statement.

Secondly, can you please confirm a shipment date? Is it really going to be the 21st as suggested in another thread? At TCT, I was told the 'first week of October' and this had a strong influence on my purchasing decision - I have clients waiting for me to deliver solutions and prototypes to them and I'm struggling to put them off any longer. This has already cost me on one project as I have had to outsource.

I have completely lost confidence in Ultimaker B.V.

I raised a ticket 2nd Oct and got the stock 'we're busy' reply. That was over a week ago.

This really isn't an acceptable way to engage with your client base and your sales process - taking someone's money without a receipt of goods purchased - is I believe illegal in the EU under the Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002, fault in the system or not.

Please get your act together, I would rather some transparency and honesty than no contact at all, at least then I can plan my own strategy.

I hope to get some answers very soon or I will be requesting a full refund (of my money you don't know you have!), something that I'd hoped I wouldn't have to do.

Regards

Hi mjhhpdd,

Thank you for your post. I am very sorry to hear you have not yet received a reply on your question.

Just like Paul said, we are very busy with the release / events and new website.

But of course that shouldn't keep us from getting back with our customers. We intend to get back with everyone on a short term now everybody is getting back in their saddle.

Please, sent me a PM with some more personal information, so I can look for your order.

Your post doesn't give me much to work with.

Looking forward to hear from you, thanks.

And once again our apologies for any inconvenience our slow response may have caused.

Hi Sander,

I ordered my UM2 last Friday and I have to say I'm disappointed with a lack of response from Ultimaker. What I was expecting by now is an order acknowledgement with an estimated delivery date. I've heard nothing, I don't even know if my ordered has been registered with Ultimaker.

May I suggest you allocate a serial number to all orders and email everyone with their serial number and estimated ship date. You can then keep a puplic log on the website with what serial numbers are shipping any week, any delays, etc.

If people have contact and can see things happening they will wait patiently and stop bugging you. But not knowing if you even have the order is very bad PR.

Gerry.

Hi Sander,

same to me!

I've placed the order Saturday 5 on a shaky website, several error 500 pages, but at the end it seems to be completed - no confirmation email received, nothing on my account, like order history.

After some minutes I received the bank wire infos, made the wire-transfert and Monday morning I've received my bank confirm, but then complete silence.

I've opened a ticket just to know if the money was received and when the printer will be sent, I don't want to push for the time, just to know when; no answer.

Today I've phoned to have more infos, a gently lady asked me for my phone number to be called back, because everyone is so busy - well, it's good, but I just want some simple infos to be sure everything is not going wrong.

Thanks in advance,

Marco.

Hi Guys

Thanks for posting.

I understand the situation, and the way the process goes now is far from ideal and also not like we intended.

Unfortunately, we ran into some problems we are still working on fixing.

We do our very best to get back with everyone and give them the info the require.

I know one of the causes of the error is the checking of the VAT number. I don't know if you entered one, but that gives complications sometimes, because that service is overloading..

Another thing was that placed orders not always show up in the account of the customer.

Which I understand can be very confusing, or even worrying.

I would be happy to look into our system and find the info you need.

We start shipping Ultimaker 2's from October 21st and we intend to keep the leadtime under 2 weeks.

For a more accurate estimation I need some more information.

Like the name used for placing the order, and at what date.

Please sent me a PM so I can get back with you.

We are working on a solution, thank you for your patience..

Hi Sander,

Thanks for responding, I have sent you a PM.

Gerry.

Ok. I am out of patience. I have sent eight emails regarding my order R868443350. I bought an Ultimaker 2 during the first few hours of the launching date on september 20 and my shipment status has not change ever since. I have sent messages and emails and nobody has answered a very simple question: When will you ship my printer? I will not take the "2-week lead time" as an answer because I ordered my U2 during the first five hours of the launching date.

What is happening with support and sales team? I know you are busy but at least have a little courtesy telling your old customers (I already own an Ultimaker and I have bought a lot of filament from your shop) the truth.

I am really mad.

Cesar R

Ok. I am out of patience. I have sent eight emails regarding my order R868443350. I bought an Ultimaker 2 during the first few hours of the launching date on september 20 and my shipment status has not change ever since. I have sent messages and emails and nobody has answered a very simple question: When will you ship my printer? I will not take the "2-week lead time" as an answer because I ordered my U2 during the first five hours of the launching date.

What is happening with support and sales team? I know you are busy but at least have a little courtesy telling your old customers (I already own an Ultimaker and I have bought a lot of filament from your shop) the truth.

I am really mad.

Cesar R

Two weeks lead time seems like a reasonable answer to me, as long as they can stick to it (give or take a few days.) I ordered on October 20th, my account shows that it's been paid and is ready to ship, and it has not yet been two weeks since the release date of October 21st; so maybe we should all be a bit more patient until then, yes?

And remember, no company, big or small, can really anticipate the demand for a new product.

My first choice was actually the Formlabs SLA printer, but they are so bad with their lead-times I decided not to order from them (they had told me one or two months but their order page says February 2014! And it's slipping each week it seems.)

Hi Cesar, just to rule out any miscommunications. I believe I addressed your situation in a different topic, and it can be considered resolved. Correct?

@ Genshi, please look at this schedule for an update about the actual shipping dates:

'Hi friends,

Last week I have frequently received the question when people could expect their Ultimaker² to ship. Which is totally understandable, I would also be very eager to get my hands on this shiny piece of technology!

As I also told most of you until now it was very difficult to get some proper insight in the individual shipping dates due to some technical IT problems, but today this has been resolved. Unfortunately, due to some unforeseen issues with a supplier we have not been totally able to keep the lead time under 2 weeks as we initially planned. My apologies for all who are inconvenienced by this.

I wrote down the following schedule and I think everybody can find his order in:

Week 44 (28-10/3-11) everything not shipped by now that was ordered from 20-9 till

Week 45 (4-11/10-11) 09-22 order date

Week 46 (11-11/17-11) between 23-9 - 30-9 order date

Week 47 (17-11/24-11) between 1-10 - 9-10 order date

Week 48 (25-11/1-12) between 10-10 - 21-10 order date

Week 49 (2-12/8-12) between 22-10 - 29-10 order date

Week 50 (9-12/15-12) between 30-10 - ...

Week 51 (16-12/22-12)

Shipments will be on Monday and Tuesday.

We are working very hard on scaling up the production department. With our current resources the lead time will be as stated above. When the up-scaling can be implemented in the actual production process you will see the lead time decreasing, so it can/will only get better. Hopefully that is a consolation for some.'

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask. I would be happy to help.

oh, that's like 5 weeks out for me. :-(