UM3 Latest firmware seems ignoring Z calibration of 2 nozzles on Active Leveling

ultradryan

Posted (edited) · UM3 Latest firmware seems ignoring Z calibration of 2 nozzles on Active Leveling

here's the situation:

Z Distance between the nozzle in Core 1 and Core 2 seemed not remembered by the firmware, or it is ignored during print, or something went wrong during calibration.

Core 1 will always be well calibrated and printing well, however, Core 2 will always got pressed too close to the bed that blocks the filaments from coming out.

After Active leveling, Core 2 nozzle always pressed too close the bed during print, as if it is ignoring the result done during calibration..

after running more of tests, it seems that Manual Leveling does not have this issue.

I have done a lot of tests, switching print cores(i have purchased one extra print core), and the result is the same.

So i guess it is not the problem of the print cores but something is wrong with the machine doing Z calibration.

And it seemd to me the machine is ignoring the Z calibration that is done in active leveling, so every time when print started, it went all the way pressing nozzle too close to bed again.

Not sure if this is a firmware issue but i would like to post here to see if it shines any clues.

Some other users also have this similar problem and is forced to print on one nozzle (Core 1),

unless one kept doing manual leveling and forces the machine to never do auto leveling thus not to override manual leveling setting.

And this seemed to happen fairly recently, so i guess it could be something about the latest firmware update.

Edited by ultradryan
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Posted · UM3 Latest firmware seems ignoring Z calibration of 2 nozzles on Active Leveling

Can you start a print with Active Leveling enabled and when you see the problem dump the log files to usb?

Send all the log files to me in a private message.

Posted · UM3 Latest firmware seems ignoring Z calibration of 2 nozzles on Active Leveling

Did you ever solve this?  Since the prior firmware snafu, I had my active leveling to always which was fine.  Tonight I thought to myself, oh the latest firmware fixed that, so I changed my autoleveling to either weekly or automatic, I forget which, and I had the "press too close to the plate" issue.  I only noticed because I had heard weird sounds coming from my printers extruder for core 2, and then when I looked at the plate, I realized that it was too close so the filament wasnt getting pushed through.  

Thanks in advance!

Bobby

@bsaygan I haven't received a log file yet so couldn't look into this problem. Could you email me the log files for the failure situation?

Since I'm on vacation I will be slow in responding.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm now waiting almost a month for the requested log files....  😪

Without the log files I can't convince our management to put the probem high on the actions list.

Please people. help me helping you! 

This works two ways. You correctly complain about problems, but when I want to help you, you should give me some pointers.

Please mail me the log files using the message function of this forum (hover over my name next to this post and from the menu that pops up select the 'message' option). 

Create the log files by performing an Active Leveling function and then from the Maintenance menu choose the option 'Dump logs to USB'. Ensure to include all generated files, including the probe report files.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...