ultradryan

UM3 Latest firmware seems ignoring Z calibration of 2 nozzles on Active Leveling

Posted (edited) · UM3 Latest firmware seems ignoring Z calibration of 2 nozzles on Active Leveling

here's the situation:

Z Distance between the nozzle in Core 1 and Core 2 seemed not remembered by the firmware, or it is ignored during print, or something went wrong during calibration.

Core 1 will always be well calibrated and printing well, however, Core 2 will always got pressed too close to the bed that blocks the filaments from coming out.

After Active leveling, Core 2 nozzle always pressed too close the bed during print, as if it is ignoring the result done during calibration..

after running more of tests, it seems that Manual Leveling does not have this issue.

I have done a lot of tests, switching print cores(i have purchased one extra print core), and the result is the same.

So i guess it is not the problem of the print cores but something is wrong with the machine doing Z calibration.

And it seemd to me the machine is ignoring the Z calibration that is done in active leveling, so every time when print started, it went all the way pressing nozzle too close to bed again.

Not sure if this is a firmware issue but i would like to post here to see if it shines any clues.

Some other users also have this similar problem and is forced to print on one nozzle (Core 1),

unless one kept doing manual leveling and forces the machine to never do auto leveling thus not to override manual leveling setting.

And this seemed to happen fairly recently, so i guess it could be something about the latest firmware update.

Edited by ultradryan