Artillery Siderwinder X1

Posted · Artillery Siderwinder X1

I try to use CURA with the Artillery Siderwinder X1 for which I can't find a printer to pick in the software. Defining my own also does not work as expected. Here is what happens:

When every I print, the print stops, then the print head is lifting to the far right back and about 10cm up. After that it keeps printing there without filament coming out. The bed starts banging to the front edge limit over and over until the print is stopped manualy.

How can I fix the problem and keep using this otherwise great application on my MAC.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the EXACT same problem with Cura using my Sidewinder X1.  If you go back to Cura 3.6 and download 

https://www.facebook.com/download/468387470592971/SWX1_Fine_Cura_3.6.zipp?av=100028735020269&eav=AfYS7D3AVRR4Im5AlBdVxsatEcRe9porJig6GEV5KJO_y7V2wR9pomoEAtCz-ujf4Nw&hash=AcpBO7Sgm4RWfgrv

(thats the link to the Cura 4 profile converted to Cura 3), it wont stop and move to the top right.  However Ive been having a problem with it stopping at 99% and not finishing.  Haven't tried working through it yet.  Join the FB group tho they are great.

• 1 year later...

Thank you for the tip. I just downloaded the 4.9 version and on my MAC that also causes a problem with fusion 360. When I try to print, I tries to open CURA but then it crashes first. Once the app is open in my background and I try to start the printing again from Fusion 360, now it will post the object into CURA.

All I want to find out, where in the software can I define to which port to connect. My CH340 USB port on my laptop is connected to COM5 and that same laptop connects perfectly to my Ender 3 Printer without any problems at all.

Thank you again for the tip but I was hoping that I can tell an application how to connect to a printer.

I believe Cura does automatic port polling to find which port is connected to "something".  The baud rate and other port settings are also automatic.  That means there is no manual control of a port.  The USB Printing function of Cura has not been maintained or updated because no Ultimaker printers use it.

With the printer turned on and the USB cord connected to that same COM5 port then Cura should find the printer.  If you are trying to connect both the Ender and the Sidewinder at the same time - I don't know if that would work.  Cura might just find the first printer it comes to and say "good enough".  My Win10 laptop will configure any USB port I connect to the printer with the CH340 driver.  My Win7 desktop only connects if I use a specific USB port.