Sandi

Rectangle printed as rhombus and circle as ellipse

Posted · Rectangle printed as rhombus and circle as ellipse

Hi!

I have new Ultimaker S5. I've double checked all setups, but can't find error. Diagonal difference is about 2%. W848067301_perpendicularerror.thumb.jpg.578fb84b2c78c5c7ba43d0d1017185ef.jpghat could be the cause?

Hi,

I don't own a S5, only an UM3, but as they are very similar, here my thoughts to your problem:

it could be play on the axles (see https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/52606-check-for-play-on-the-axles  to check this), bad tention on the belts (short belts or even long belts) or a not correctly calibrated print head.

The print head calibration at the S5 should work like at the UM3 (see here: https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/50871-check-for-play-on-axles  note: the calibration sticks provided for the UM3 won't fit the S5, as the diameter of the axles of the S5 seem to be bigger).

For tightening the long belts, there are some good tutorials on youtube, like e.c. this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNLt8S9hjjc

I hope I could help.

Regards

Often this is caused when a belt skips one tooth.  Look down on the top of the printer.  Do the axes look perpendicular?  Push the head around to the 4 sides.  Do the side blocks reach the end at the same time?

Thank you for now. All suggestions I'll check on by one on Monday in the office. I will report the findings.

Axes are not  perpendicular. Y axe has about 6 mm or about 3 tooth difference relative to the left or right side. 

This error was delivered to us. What mechanical accuracy Ultimaker guarantee?