Cura 13.10

SandervG

The Ultimaker² is being prepared for its first trip outside into the big world. I am sure it will be happily received by a lot of eager users. To make sure the experience is living up to the quality the Ultimaker² can deliver, we are accompanying the new machine with a new, up to date firmware and new version of Cura 13-10.

Cura has some new features like:

• It is compatible for Ultimaker²

• Easy switching between different machine configurations. Do you have both an Ultimaker-Original and Ultimaker²? No problem, you can switch directly via a drop down menu.

• New support material method, the new method is quicker to print, easier to remove and uses less material.

• Easy sharing on YouMagine with the YouMagine upload button

• Better usage of support material with a dual-extrusion machine

• Various bugfixes and tweaks

You can download Cura here.

Enjoy!!

The UM1 firmwares are still the same as in the 13.06 release. But they are included just as in the previous release. There are no plans to drop UM-Original or RepRap support. Only to expand support. I've also added some experimental changes that MakerBot users seem to need (It's still a bit difficult to talk to MakerBot users, so details are still a bit sparse).

I really think the UM2, UM-Original, YouMagine, Cura, RepRaps, everything strengthen each other. Sales of the UM2 will bring in more money to improve Cura, improvements in Cura will help on the UM-Original and RepRap users. UM-Original and RepRap users will provide new ideas and experiments, which results in even more improvements, which will translate back as stable features for the UM2. Full circle of improvements :-D

Great piece of Software!!

Just one question: I´m missing some information in the created gcode-files

Example:

;Generated with Cura_SteamEngine 13.10

M109 T0 S220.000000

T0

;Sliced at: Tue 22-10-2013 10:50:58

Basic settings: Layer height: 0.1 Walls: 0.8 Fill: 20

;Print time: #P_TIME#

;Filament used: #F_AMNT#m #F_WGHT#g

;Filament cost: #F_COST#

G21 ;metric values

G90 ;absolute positioning

I remember in old Cura versions, this information was available...

Is this a SW bug or an Error of my system (or an error of the guy sitting 80cm ahead of the PC:-) )

The values are visible in Cura an I updated the cost information in the preferences - so any info would be appreciated...

Could be a bug, did not check if that is still working, and how it worked was always a bit ugly...

Thank you for clarification - do you have plans to fix it or is it not worth?

For me it´s always good to have a chance looking into the file to get the estimated print time as I slice a few of them depending the time available in office...

The UM1 firmwares are still the same as in the 13.06 release.

Why don't you always include the latest firmware versions in new cura releases?

Why don't you always include the latest firmware versions in new cura releases?

It's a lot of work! The latest firmware has typically 3 changes done to it every week. So it really should be tested thoroughly. With maybe a dozen different prints and settings and such. There isn't a lot in the latest firmware that is necessary. Plus Marlin fixed a bug related to retraction speed which can cause major problems for people if they don't have max E set to 25mm/sec or so.

Also Daid has his own tree. And he has the UM2 version of Marlin...

I suggest you get your own. This works great. I'm using the version here which is probably only a month old (I think Daid's is a year old now):

Just make yours here:

http://marlinbuilder.robotfuzz.com/

It works great! And after getting the hex file you can use cura to upload it. If you don't like it you can go back to the Cura built-in version.

The latest firmware has typically 3 changes done to it every week.

Which means there are A LOT of improvements and bug fixes which 95% of the Ultimaker users (the ones who don't feel comfortable building their own firmware) will never get. ;-)

So it really should be tested thoroughly.

Of course! I'm not familiar with the development process of marlin, but do the marlin developers not release some kind of tested versions? Of corse someone at Ultimaker would probably have to test it on their printers too, but that doesn't necessarily have to be Daid.

There isn't a lot in the latest firmware that is necessary.

Then what do they change three times a week? :-O

Plus Marlin fixed a bug related to retraction speed which can cause major problems for people if they don't have max E set to 25mm/sec or so.

Isn't that a setting in marlin itself?

Most of the ongoing changes in Marlin are for other printers and hardware that are of no benefit for Ultimakers - although there are certainly some things that are relevant - but mostly not, as a rule.

When things change that are relevant, then Daid and the folks at UM can test them, and release a new 'blessed' version of the firmware as part of Cura.

The retraction speed bug caused retractions to happen much slower than requested - which meant that people typically asked for insanely fast retraction speeds (and then could never be quite sure what speed they really got). So if you have the fix, then you need to either ask for sane speeds (up to about 35mm/s), or ensure that the firmware speed limiter is set correctly.

I've been a bit out of the loop on Cura lately, so I'm honestly not sure if that bug fix has ever made it into a released UM1 firmware?

Bonjour,je rencontres des erreurs de carte sd lors des mes impressions.Sa arrive, en cours d'impressions, mais pas toujours.Y t'il bientôt une mise à jour du firmware?J'utilise cura13.10 multilanguage.Comment poster des photos sur le forum dans mes messages?

Merçi

Bonjour,j'utilise cura 13.11 la dernière version avec le dernier firmware.J'ai que des échecs avec les fichiers télécharger sur thingverse.J'ai aussi des souçis avec des carte sd à moi pas reconnu?J'imprime le robot ultimaker sa fonctionne.

Merçi