Zenaf

Camera Disconnect - Any ideas?

Posted · Camera Disconnect - Any ideas?

Hello All!

I've got 3 Ultimakers in a group on my network (two S5's and 1 S3). Of the printers, one S5 and one S3 have their live feeds working flawlessly, however it seems that one of the S5's just doesn't display. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the camera or something else, as it clearly isn't a network issue if the other two printers in the group are working well. Files contain images of a working feed, as well as the feed that is having an error; so you can see what I'm talking about. Thanks!357019918_LiveFeedNotWorking.thumb.PNG.f8f02f245f2fa3a3cd2ba197dda88902.PNG1554466990_LiveFeedWorking.thumb.PNG.1f39ed82e2eb2ff50363305e1b0f6f70.PNG

You can solve this issue by doing a Cura Connect Reset on the printer, this "repairs" the non working video stream.

But, you are using a group host and the drawback of a Cura Connect Reset is, that you have to create your group and members again.

People have found that the wired network is more reliable on the UM3/S5 so if you can do a wired network that may save you a lot of headache.

In my experience, a wired network doesn't help much in this case. My UM3 and S5 are wired and I still have to do a Cura Connect reset on both of them from time to time for the camera to work again.

I do have a wired network. So you're saying this reset is something I do from the printer directly and not the web browser right?

Yes you find it in the menu on the printer and it is called "Cura Connect Reset"

I am not at my printer at the moment, so I cannot check where you find it exactly, but it is in the same place as factory reset, infos and so on.

Thanks for the update and I am happy that it worked for you.

You will see from time to time it can happen again that everything is working except the video stream. Then just do a Cura Connect reset again.