Camera Disconnect - Any ideas?

Zenaf

Posted · Camera Disconnect - Any ideas?

Hello All!

I've got 3 Ultimakers in a group on my network (two S5's and 1 S3). Of the printers, one S5 and one S3 have their live feeds working flawlessly, however it seems that one of the S5's just doesn't display. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the camera or something else, as it clearly isn't a network issue if the other two printers in the group are working well. Files contain images of a working feed, as well as the feed that is having an error; so you can see what I'm talking about. Thanks!357019918_LiveFeedNotWorking.thumb.PNG.f8f02f245f2fa3a3cd2ba197dda88902.PNG1554466990_LiveFeedWorking.thumb.PNG.1f39ed82e2eb2ff50363305e1b0f6f70.PNG

You can solve this issue by doing a Cura Connect Reset on the printer, this "repairs" the non working video stream.

But, you are using a group host and the drawback of a Cura Connect Reset is, that you have to create your group and members again.

People have found that the wired network is more reliable on the UM3/S5 so if you can do a wired network that may save you a lot of headache.

In my experience, a wired network doesn't help much in this case. My UM3 and S5 are wired and I still have to do a Cura Connect reset on both of them from time to time for the camera to work again.

Yes you find it in the menu on the printer and it is called "Cura Connect Reset"

I am not at my printer at the moment, so I cannot check where you find it exactly, but it is in the same place as factory reset, infos and so on.

Just wanted to come back and say @Smithy that the Cura Connect Reset did work. Thanks for your advice.

Thanks for the update and I am happy that it worked for you.

You will see from time to time it can happen again that everything is working except the video stream. Then just do a Cura Connect reset again.

Well; experiencing camera offline now too. Resetting Cura Connect did not work; any other suggestions.

Thank you 

On 8/13/2019 at 2:50 PM, Smithy said:

You will see from time to time it can happen again that everything is working except the video stream. Then just do a Cura Connect reset again.

I have the exact problem from time to time with 1 S5 and 2 UM3E.

Doing a Cura Connect Reset on both the S5 (hosting the Cura Connect Server) and the faulty UM3E does the trick at the moment.

8 hours ago, V3DPrinting said:

I have the exact problem from time to time with 1 S5 and 2 UM3E.

Doing a Cura Connect Reset on both the S5 (hosting the Cura Connect Server) and the faulty UM3E does the trick at the moment.

Thank you.

I will do a full reset of the network and another Cura Connect reset and see how this does.

Takes care