Print fails always in the same point

redslifer

Posted (edited) · Print fails always in the same point

So, I tried to print the cr-10 v6 heavy duty mount for like 50+ times, with different filaments, various slicings, but it always keeps failing on the same point. I am getting extremely irritated.

No print ever failed with s3d, but with cura 4.2.1 I only get fails.

The filament at the extruder part gets destroyed and so it stops extruding, everytime.

If this won't get any reply I'll report it on github.

20190811_140805.jpg

20190811_140809.jpg

20190811_140817.jpg

CCR10S_CR-10_HD-modular-mount-V6_mount.gcode test.curaprofile

files.zip

Edited by redslifer

Posted · Print fails always in the same point

My first guess is:  "too many retractions".

If the same piece of filament goes back and forth through the feeder too many times it can get ground up.  What is too many times?  5?  10?  100?  It depends on the material, the feeder, and the feeder tension.

So look at the layer that fails and count how many rertraction moves there are and then look at it in S3D and see how many retraction moves are there and see if there is a large difference.

You can limit retractions in Cura through some of the parameters to any qty on the same spot of material as you want.  Search for "retraction" in the settings in Cura.

Posted · Print fails always in the same point

Hi there. I don't know for retraction since I don't have a camera and the cura g-code reader is broken, while other gcode readers can read it but not perfectly as the gcodes are better read by the slicer that created it, apart for cura.

Retraction is limited, and even with stock profile it's the same.

I tried to change the extruder spring pressure to max and min, but really no difference