Cura 4.2.1 midair supports.

lospo

Posted · Cura 4.2.1 midair supports.

I've found supports to be very unreliable in 4.2.1. I've had numerous problems with supports missing bottom layers so they don't adhere to the build plate and also being generated for no apparent reason. Really frustrating and unfortunate that Ultimaker would release such a buggy mess.

13 hours ago, lospo said:

Is there a way to avoid this?

Are your support settings on "touching buildplate" or "everywhere"?

If it's the second one, try the first.

Also, you can try to set another support angle. I think it's 45° by default, I'm using 55°. 

Tweaking angles sometimes makes it go away, changing layer heights can 'fix' it as well... but I've see/reported the same/similar issue when printing miniatures in 3.6 and I think it was still a problem (different, but a problem) in 4.1