13.10 time estimates

mostlyatomicbob

Posted · 13.10 time estimates

Now then,

Is it just me or are the time estimates on the latest Cura a bit broken?

9 times out of 10 Cura estimates the time the print will take to be 45 minutes.

My experience tells me that a print that will use 16 meters of filament will take a little longer!

Cheers

Bob.

PS using a Mac on 10.8

I have the impression it got better already from 13.06.4 to 13.10. I have a test print that takes 9:29. Cura 13.10 says something like 8 minutes, Cura 13.06.4 had very optimistic 3 minutes... however this is on a Windows 8 machine...

There slipped a bug in the time estimate, I noticed it too late to it got shipped with the bug. It happens when there are layers without any printing on it. (which is alway the case if you use the "sink in plantform" feature)

Good thing is, I found and fixed the bug. And I'm planning a new release somewhere next month to fix some more issues.

I finally upgraded from Cura 13.04. There is no way 13.10 should share almost the same version number!!

On my first run I thought the time estimation was a bit gimmicky and didn't really need to be regenerated every time I moved the part a bit... I had no clue the new slicer, or any slicer, could be that fast ! Awesome job Daid! You should have bumped the version number up to 14 or 20 or something 'tho so I'd have upgraded sooner.

I finally upgraded from Cura 13.04. There is no way 13.10 should share almost the same version number!!

On my first run I thought the time estimation was a bit gimmicky and didn't really need to be regenerated every time I moved the part a bit... I had no clue the new slicer, or any slicer, could be that fast ! Awesome job Daid! You should have bumped the version number up to 14 or 20 or something 'tho so I'd have upgraded sooner.

I have to agree, the new Cura leaves everything else in It's dust and should have been bumped to 14.xxx.

I have to agree, the new Cura leaves everything else in It's dust and should have been bumped to 14.xxx.

But, the version numbers are just year.month

I was kinda seriously considering changing it to fancy names. But I suck at names.