Problems with Ultimaker 2 + Extended Manage Material

Rygaard

Posted · Problems with Ultimaker 2 + Extended Manage Material
4 hours ago, Rygaard said:

These days, for users of Ultimaker 2+ or 3d printers using Ultimaker 2 (Ultigcode) flavor, there would be a possibility of not using it anymore. And can it go the same way or shape as the latest 3d printer models?

I'm not sure what exactly the question is...

Newer printer models from Ultimaker or in general?

UM3 and S5 are using gcode flavor "Griffin", it is very unlikely that this will be back-ported to older machines.

But the differences to "Marlin" are marginal (a special header section and one or two custom gcodes).

My recommendation is to use a recent Cura version with "Marlin" for UM2. Do you have concerns?

21 minutes ago, tinkergnome said:

I'm not sure what exactly the question is...

Newer printer models from Ultimaker or in general?

UM3 and S5 are using gcode flavor "Griffin", it is very unlikely that this will be back-ported to older machines.

But the differences to "Marlin" are marginal (a special header section and one or two custom gcodes).

My recommendation is to use a recent Cura version with "Marlin" for UM2. Do you have concerns?

@tinkergnome thank you to answer me...

I was referring to the Ultimakers printers (because I have the Ultimaker 2+ extended).

All Ultimaker printers are already configured in a way that works perfectly as soon as you turn on the printer. The latest Ultimaker printers, as you said, are already configured with another Flavor and ready to use without the user having to think about GCodes.
    So I thought it might have something similar for 3d printers like my Ultimaker 2+ Extended.

Because of my need to constantly change the specific settings in ultimaker Cura for my detailed statues-oriented projects. I have realized that I need to switch Flavor to Marlin so that I will have access to temperature settings and other specific functions that are hidden when I use Flavor Ultimaker 2.

I am using the ultimaker Cura 4.2.1 (most current version).

Sorry for my insecurity, but the only thing I would like, as I am inexperienced, is to be able to switch the Ultimaker 2+ extended Flavor to Marlin and have no problem.
    I confess to you that I have no knowledge of GCode. So my fear of inserting any Marlin Start and End GCode.
    Does Marlin's GCode Start and End work perfectly for Ultimaker 2+ Extended? Or do I have to make any changes to the codes? If you can guide me better I would appreciate it very much. 

Thank you so much

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,
    For Ultimaker 2+ Extended, I installed the latest version of ultimakerCura 4.3 and I saw something weird about Machine Settings, specifically PrintHead Settings.

image.thumb.png.746b49b028eb837c8a450ac473e98408.png
    In the picture you can see that the left image is UltimakerCura 4.2.1 and the values for Xmin and Ymin are positive numbers respectively 44mm and 34mm.
    In the right image is the version of ultimakerCura 4.3 and the values for Xmin and Ymin are negative numbers respectively -44mm and -34mm.
    I didn't change any values, just did a fresh install of Cura4.3, deleting the previous version 4.21, but keeping my settings.

I don't know if these negative numbers in Xmin and Ymin will cause problems ...

Would this be a mistake in the new version of Cura4.3 or some fix to make things work better?
    Could someone help me with this?
    What do I do?
    Do I keep positive or negative values for Xmin and Ymin?
    Remembering that it is for Ultimaker 2+ Extended.

Thanks