Final Week

simmonsstummer

Posted · Final Week

Yes sure but i think the first serie is in two weeks.

The support on facebook told me exactly: "we intend to sent all Ultimaker 2's out within a lead time of 2 weeks after this date"

ALL... so the are going to ship all the one they have at the moment...

I ordered on october 18. If it is true, I hope I get a printer from the second batch - that's usually when the biggest problems are fixed. I had my share of "experience" with 1st gen machines from Apple...

Posted · Final Week

i hope to find the shipped status today. I can't wait any more...

Any Big shipments today..... ????

Posted · Final Week

could be great to have some official answer..

I wished I could give good news, but from what I've heard (just speculation, no final answer from me!) the amount of incoming orders is around or bigger then the production capacity, and they are scaling up production right now. Good for us, however, not so good for the lead-time.

Posted · Final Week

Well, that's something even if not official. But i supposed they have yet calculated the amount of product to produce before the official shipping data (21 October). I can only imagine that all the orders made before that date will be shipped as promised.

Or at least this is what i hope.

Hey, Daid,

Thank you very much we have already indicate this. I prefer they prenent their time and the machine arrives correctly rather than having a series of frustrating disappointment.

Nevertheless, it is true that a date theory would be better than doing F5 every 10 seconds on the browser!

In any case, we do not lose sight of you. This is not to say that the post will be closed and others will question.

for me, counting on our produce and become independent, this expectation is unfortunately losing patience with those who want me to test a process. But I would kindly faires patients if I have regular updates of your production.

this is a good thing if people were requesting this machine. I hope it will meet all of democratization may have it right.

Cordially.

Alex.

Hey Simmonsstummer, don't freak out.

Have you read the whole post you mentioned? Only two hours later two people from Ultimaker chimed in and offered to send him a new machine. That's pretty awesome if you ask me. Good luck finding this speed and this level of commtment with other 3D printer manufacturers.

It doesn't matter how much we want them to ship the new machines. Whatever reason there is for a delay, I am sure it is a good reason. I wouldn't want a fast shippment with a broken machine - do you? Nagging and pressure doesn't make their job easier but only worse. Let go of this zero tollerance thinking. What little do a few days longer matter in contrast to the months and years to come that you will be happily using your Ultimaker 2?

I totally agree with you Nicolinux.

Posted · Final Week

Hey Simmonsstummer, don't freak out.

Have you read the whole post you mentioned? Only two hours later two people from Ultimaker chimed in and offered to send him a new machine. That's pretty awesome if you ask me. Good luck finding this speed and this level of commtment with other 3D printer manufacturers.

It doesn't matter how much we want them to ship the new machines. Whatever reason there is for a delay, I am sure it is a good reason. I wouldn't want a fast shippment with a broken machine - do you? Nagging and pressure doesn't make their job easier but only worse. Let go of this zero tollerance thinking. What little do a few days longer matter in contrast to the months and years to come that you will be happily using your Ultimaker 2?

I definetly agree. I've seen the solution in the topic and it's great. It's my ultimaker2-eager-side that was freaking out..not for the problem that as we said it's been smoothly solved but for the time he had to wait again.

I'll be trustful....besides that, i've chose ultimaker because they inspired me confident at the Maker Faire (place where i went with the decision of 99,9% to take another printer. They take that 0,1% and turned it into 100%).

and finally see if my SD card is compatible .

I don't have my UM2 yet but I'm pretty sure it comes with an SD card. It is only if you want more than one that you have to be careful about compatibility.

i've chose ultimaker because they inspired me confident at the Maker Faire

Cool - who did you talk to there? Was it the MF in Italy?

Posted · Final Week

Yes was the Maker Faire Rome.

Well i don't actually remember the name.. but i talked with a girl about shipping and order time and to another guy about the difference between the original and ultimaker 2.

Yes that's true. I've just seen this topic: http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/3233-ultimaker-2-major-problems/ and i'm freaking out.

Trust me when I say, we are quite shocked as well with those photos. It should not happen, support is on it to fix the problems. And logistics is on it to find out how the hell this happened. The box is packed in a way that the bed is secured and should not be able to move. Anyhow, we are on it!

I know it can be frustrating, it's frustrating for all of us. I wish we could ship them as soon as you order them. Hell, I wish we could ship one to every home in the world.

Simmons, you most likely talked to Marrit and Sander, the people doing support right now.

Hi Guys, I believe on this topic were several people eager to know a shipping date?

I have just posted a new topic with a schedule.

For more info, please read the following topic: http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/3255-ultimaker%C2%B2-lead-time-update/

Thank you!

Posted · Final Week

too bad for me is more than a month later of what i expected... i hope scaling up process will move faster the shipping.

Thanks.

Simmon you must change the name of the post for Final weeks!!!

Just joking. at the end wait a bit more means a more stable firmware, software and a bit polish machine so us experience going to be gratefull than others.

Posted · Final Week

you think is for the firmware and quality control?

I think i understand is just a matter of shipping... and... a lot of shipping...

you think is for the firmware and quality control?

I think i understand is just a matter of shipping... and... a lot of shipping...

yes shure, but when we get it, going to be available a new version of firmware and cura as well and the knowledge of the first adopters