4.3.0 will not run

Lounginghound

Posted · 4.3.0 will not run

I made the mistake of upgrading my 4.1.0 installation which was a bit flaky on start up to 4.3.0

The system is Windows10 on a Lenovo ThinkPad.

Prior to 4.1.0 I had no problems running Cura.

When I updated to 4.1.0 I found that about 50% of the time trying to start the program it would attempt to start and then stop. Never went any further than the nice Windows rotating circle for about 5 seconds, then that disappeared. Typically the second attempt it would start up and run fine. Rarely I needed a third attempt.

Hoping that 4.3.0 would have fixed my start up issues, I went ahead with the suggested update.

It wanted to removed 4.1.0 which I let it do with exception of the configuration files.

All progressed normally till startup. click the icon, 5 or so seconds of the Windows activity circle, then nothing. No amount of retries would get it to start.

Check the log files and they are empty!

Uninstalled and reinstalled. no change. Did again in administrator mode no change. tried starting it in administrator mode. Nothing.

Uninstalled and manually deleted remaining folders, reinstalled. Nothing.

Uninstalled and tried 4.1.0 again. and nothing.

always the same progress when attempting to start and interestingly the log files are all empty.

I'm out of ideas. Anyone else having these issues and solved them?

Posted (edited) · 4.3.0 will not run

I had the same issue installing 4.3.0. Previously I had 4.0.0 and 4.2.1 installed, with 4.0.0 as default. It worked fine, 4.2.1 had issues with support.

After installing 4.3.0, not only would that not start (Task Manager shows it sitting dormant in memory), but 4.0.0 won't start either. After scouring my PC clean of everything to do with Cura of any version, I have reinstalled 4.0.0 and now that works - except I can't drag and drop files into it! Cura seems to be the default for the relevant files, 4.0.0 is the only Cura installed, and drag & drop works for all other programs, but Cura just displays the 'No Entry' symbol.

Not a successful upgrade so far...

Oh, and by the way, every time I open Cura 4.0.0 now, UAC asks me to confirm it.

Edited by WulfC
    added last line

Probably any of the same architecture and driver.

• Like 1

I fixed one of my own issues at least - it didn't allow me to drag & drop files into 4.0.0 after reinstalling because somehow it had been set to Compatibility mode. Also UAC no longer asks for confirmation every time I open it. Still can't run 4.3.0 though.

Posted (edited) · 4.3.0 will not run

try compatibility mode for cura , it seems to run without any problem

in compatibility mode set to  windows 8

Edited by FUREON

OK ran it in compatibility mode for Windows 8. First start did not work.

Killed the task and tried again and it started. Will see how stable it is over the week.

I have found it will only start if my computer is displaying minimal activity in Task Manager, specifically minimal disk activity. That may be specific to my machine.

OK, seems like it needs:

Compatibility Mode for Windows 8

DO NOT Run as Admin

Double click on an STL, DO NOT attempt to open the program itself

Ensure minimal disk activity in Task Manager before starting.

I run Windows 10 version 1903 and Cura 4.3.0 on a Lenovo laptop.

In my case I need to start the program three times, then it starts every time.

I am not running in compatibility mode.
    I did run Cura 4.2.1 in compatibility mode but I noticed that it was extremely slow. I had a file that took more than 5 minutes to slice,  where it would normally take less than a minute.

I had this problem as well, on a newer HP laptop, with 4.3. However, it would run fine on an old Toshiba upgraded from Win 7 to 10. Running in compatibility mode for Win 8 seems to have fixed the issue.

I had the same issue on my Microsoft surface with windows 10. As it was already mentioned above for others here, I ran the cura.exe file in compatibility tester, windows 10 found it will work better as simulating as Windows 8. So now it is fixed, after finish my designs in Fusion and sent to print, it auto plug to Cura 4.3 as is used to make in the older version. Cura on this modality it is slight slower, but it works and worth

Same issue here, on Ubuntu 19.04 and 19.10 (Cura 4.2.1 is just working fine, and also cura 4.4 beta opens the AppImg fine.)