How to calculate a 1.45 liter cup to be 0.6 liter

TMicke

Posted · How to calculate a 1.45 liter cup to be 0.6 liter

I have a model of a 1.45 liter cup, how do i calculate it to be a 0.6 liter cup?

lets just say that it wasn’t just my history teacher that cried 😂

I guess I wasn’t clear enough.

-If I have a model of a cup that holds 1.45L and I wish to resize it in Cura so that it prints a cup holding 0.6L ; how do I make that calculation? (By hand of course)

Posted (edited) · How to calculate a 1.45 liter cup to be 0.6 liter

Roughly scale with 0,745 , or more exact, sqrt3 (0,6/1,45)  

"Tredje roten ur..." in our language 😉

Edited by AndersK
    • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AndersK said:

Roughly scale with 0,745 , or more exact, sqrt3 (0,6/1,45)  

"Tredje roten ur..." in our language 😉

See, thats the problem, can't even recalling ever heard 'tredje roten ur' 😄 Men alltid kul att läsa lite svenska...

I guess I'm out of my league here, but is that (sqrt3 (0,6/1,45)) the actual formula. I'm mostly thinking of of that 'sqrt3' thingie. Or is this solvable with just multiplying and/or dividing?

*I guess I don't make a lot of sense due to my ignorance. I looked at my calculator and found that sqrt3 function and managed to get the result you gave me so hopefully I can remember this.

Thank you Anders!

Edited by TMicke
    • Like 1

sqrt3 is a bit of a strange name: Whereas sqrt is short for square root, sqrt3 is actually the cube root.

Square root of a value is the inverse function of square of a value: sqrt(value * value) = value.

Cube root of a value is the inverse function of the cube of a value: sqrt3(value * value * value) = value.

Here's a calculator: https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/algebra/cuberoots.php

Edited by ahoeben
    • Like 2

Newbie tutorial (written with myself in mind):

On your calculator type in the following:

/

And now press button marked in image below

sqrt3.jpg.4a22e365d4fb988f99df076847faaa43.jpg

8 minutes ago, ahoeben said:

sqrt3 is a bit of a strange name: Whereas sqrt is short for square root, sqrt3 is actually the cube root.

Square root of a value is the inverse function of square of a value: sqrt(value * value) = value.

Cube root of a value is the inverse function of the cube of a value: sqrt3(value * value * value) = value.

Here's a calculator: https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/algebra/cuberoots.php

I didnt know the phrase in english so thanks for the lesson. 

(Even though math are considered to be the common language of the universe 😄)

Cube root what was I was looking for, hence writing it in our native language too...