Cura 4.3.0 crashes on connecting network UM3E

0scar

Posted (edited) · Cura 4.3.0 crashes on connecting network UM3E

My Cura 4.3.0 keeps crashing on me just after the GUI has loaded (my apologies to the Cura development team for reporting so much crashes...). Removing all the files from local and roaming gets me further, I get into selecting a printer and see that it fails there. If I select the printer from the network (Ultimaker 3 Extended) the program crashes, but when I select the same printer from the list, Cura continues. Have not tried to print anything as I lost all material profiles.

Anyone experiencing the same issue? How to proceed further to connect the network printer?

This window pops up when I connect the network printer:

image.thumb.png.89f153af9fe76cf0a0d9182c62c6569d.png

Edited by 0scar
Added crash window

Posted · Cura 4.3.0 crashes on connecting network UM3E

I've fixed this for 4.4. The beta should be out soon-ish. I saw the crashes, but couldn't actually reproduce it. So could you re-test this with the beta once it's out?

Posted (edited) · Cura 4.3.0 crashes on connecting network UM3E

No problem to test it out, PM me for a pre public release (if necessary). Another department at work have a 3E and an S5, so I can ask them to also test if possible (I believe they are still on 4.2).

Edited by 0scar
    typo
    • Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 5:06 PM, nallath said:

I've fixed this for 4.4. The beta should be out soon-ish. I saw the crashes, but couldn't actually reproduce it. So could you re-test this with the beta once it's out?

I have installed the 4.4 Beta. I'm able to re-establish the connection with the printer and can print again. Thanks for your help!

Note that 4.3.0 did work for our other department on their UM3E and UM5S, but somehow not on our identical UMS3.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I can not open the Cura Slicer without internet, everyone tells me I should be able to, it shows a report if I can trick it quick enough but not easy because it usually crashes as I have low hand eye coordination.

You probably should have started a new thread.  This thread is only about when connecting to a printer through network.

Anyway the crash report is probably also found in the log file.  Look for the log file and read what is near the bottom.  And post what is in the log file here.  Here is where to find your log file:

%APPDATA%\cura\<Cura version>\cura.log (Windows),

or usually C:\Users\\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\cura\<Cura version>\cura.log

$USER/Library/Application Support/cura/<Cura version>/cura.log (OSX)

$USER/.local/share/cura/<Cura version>/cura.log (Ubuntu/Linux)