Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
tukl

Cura 13.10 Slicing Problem

Hey there,

I have a problem in Cura 13.10. I want to print my STL model, when importing into Cura it looks great. If I now choose to Layer View, it does strange things...

Already tried different STL and OBJ Exporter (I use Sketchup for designing), but nothing helps.

Any Ideas?

Bildschirmfoto 2013 10 31 Um 10.17.30

Bildschirmfoto 2013 10 31 Um 10.17.13

Make sure the .stl file is error free. You can load it into netfabb basic and check if there is a red cross at the bottom right. If it is, click on the red cross at the top in the menu bar. Then start the repair operation.

Also, which settings did you use in Cura? If for example your shell thickness is smaller then your nozzle diameter, Cura won't slice it.

If you want, attach the .stl file in question here so we can take a look.

It's in the expert menu. First enable full settings if you haven't already: Expert -> Switch to full settings... Then open the expert settings by, you guessed it, Expert -> Open expert settings... You'll find the checkboxes in the lower right of the dialog that pops up.