PancakesAreLife

Print Core Stuck - Ultimaker 3

Posted · Print Core Stuck - Ultimaker 3

Hello there,

I recently removed AA 0.4 core on my Print head slot 2 and put in a BB 0.4 core and now it won't come out.... I noticed another post where the Ultimaker Rep mentioned/showed pictures of how to pull it out correctly (vertically with a specific grip) but that didn't work...

Should I take it in to a local shop? Does this mean I will need to get a new print head? I purchased this second hand and its frustrating on what I thought would be pretty darn basic.

Also, on a side note... it looks like the print heads are not lining up horizontally. Could this be indicating an issue?

Thanks,

Bryan

IMG_1086.thumb.jpeg.d633e438516c235d898ebe40aababfc9.jpegIMG_1088.thumb.jpeg.38762df5016909f2905b705acb4a0803.jpegIMG_1085.thumb.jpeg.13d107a5ab540a965adeff07f3bacc03.jpegIMG_1087.thumb.jpeg.c1ea78f561570b70402aff0736760f2e.jpeg

Long shot, but i have done this wrong some times as well. Have you unloaded the material before pulling it out?

• Like 1

It could be sometimes hard to pull out the print core, but when I wiggle it a little bit the core comes out.

The upper surface of the translucent plastic part has two recesses, where the print head housing "grips" it.

So when pressing the "release"-lever, just apply a LITTLE bit of pressure down on the translucent part and you should be able to pull the core out easily.

I'm glad it worked. 🙂