RoboDLC

CURA 4.4.0 freezes on startup at Loading plugins...FIX

Posted · CURA 4.4.0 freezes on startup at Loading plugins...FIX

Tried twice to install 4.4.0 on my Windows 10 home 64 bit laptop.  On startup is freezes at "Loading plugins".  The only way to kill it at this point is through task manager and looking at background processes.  The install never makes it to showing up on the task bar as a running application.  I have installed 4.4 on two other Windows computers (10 Enterprise and 10 Pro) with no issues.

Opened a "cmd" window and started it there on command line.  It came up after noting that Windows Firewall had blocked some of it.  I gave permission for it to run and it started.

Now it starts from the icon.

FYI,

DLC

• Like 1

Tks, @RoboDLC

What I made, based on your suggestion:

norton -> pare feu -> controle programme -> ajouter ( add a new programme autorisation) -> selected CURA 4.4.0 and gave full autorisation.

Now, the problem is solved.

Hey @RoboDLC  thank you for reporting this. I'm not sure if the firewall rules should matter - some times during testing, we choose cancel on that Windows Firewall prompt... and it still works without the getting blocked on the splash page. 

and @OUPS65, interesting to know this for us. I'll keep a note of it so we can include in our test it next time. 

You're welcome!  We can't always just complain you know.  😀

DLC