QML window timing out in plugin

ZachRose

Posted · QML window timing out in plugin

I'm adding a feature to my plugin (HRNautilus in the Marketplace) that largely mimics Cura's WelcomePagesModel. The user installs the plugin and on initial reboot of Cura it pops a flow of windows that makes setting up Cura for the Nautilus easier. I have adapted the WelcomePagesModel to successfully guide the user through the flow and it works great on the Windows machine I've been testing with. For some reason on my Macbook, the window disappears after anywhere from 1-10 seconds. Does anyone have an idea what might be causing this timeout? I've looked into the Log and there are no statements timed up with the disappearing of the window. I also added a button to manually start the welcome flow and the same issue occurs, though the window stays visible for slightly longer before vanishing.

Source code for the plugin with all of the welcome flow can be found here. The welcome flow is run by HydraWelcome.py (in /files) and all the qml is in /files/qml/welcome. If anyone wants to test this, I'm happy to send or post a .curapackage for easy install.

Posted · QML window timing out in plugin

A welcome flow should be handled by adding a machine action, which can be triggered when a machine is added. An example of this can be found in the custom fff printer (custom.def.json). When that is added it always shows the machineSettingsAction (It does this by setting "first_start_actions": ["MachineSettingsAction"])

You could just have a machine action that in itself has a few steps.

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies