Need help printing Nylon-X

BiMNrd

Posted (edited) · Need help printing Nylon-X

I have a CC core on my UM5 and have downloaded the CURA material profile.

I am printing with a brim as always and using a product called PRINTASTICK - from APRINTPRO. 

The am getting some wrapping on the part edges on all size of parts, from parts as small at 2-3 cm to 10 cm. 

I am looking for ideas and recommendations to start using this material successful and for larger builds.

Does the fact that I am not running a top cover be the number one cause of this? 

should I be using another adhesive - can someone please recommend one? 

Last but least, are the sides of Nylon prints, as opposed to ABS, PLA and other plastics typically feel a little abrasive?

Thank you 

Edited by BiMNrd

• 2 weeks later...
    Posted · Need help printing Nylon-X
    On 12/8/2019 at 8:04 PM, BiMNrd said:

Last but least, are the sides of Nylon prints, as opposed to ABS, PLA and other plastics typically feel a little abrasive?

Of course they feel abrasive. Carbon fiber is abrasive, which is also the reason you need the CC core :)

That is what I thought in regards to the side finish being a little "rough"

I do have the CC core, but I have to say that I am a little disappointed that they made it a 0.6 mm and not a 0.4mm 

you can really see the rounded corners compared to a similar print with the regular AA 0.4mm core. 

do you know if NylonG is has any smoother surface finish, or regular nylon for that matter?

Thank you !

the reason it's a 0.6 is because it's meant to print materials filled with particles, like carbon, glass, or various metals. While possible with a 0.4 ,  the risk of getting a clogged nozzle is much lower with a 0.6.

I usually print Nylon on glass with (very little) glue stick, diluted to a very thin layer, using a damp paper towel. 

Yeah I guess.. I would just hate to tear up a 0.4 nozzle printing those material since they dont make a ruby tip on that size and beause I need the resolution. 

I am alreay doing that printing some bronzefil.