Cura 4.0 & 4.3 do not recognise GCode files

ozhawk

Posted · Cura 4.0 & 4.3 do not recognise GCode files

I have noticed that both version 4.0 and 4.3 give me an invalid file error if I try to load a GCode file previously created using either versions.  Is this meant to work this way, or is it bug?

The problem with that file is that it contains three lines that contain the string {speed_travel} (or {travel_speed}, I edited it and can't remember which was the original). Point is, the gcode reader can't cope with {symbol} when it's looking for a number. Once I had replaced the {symbol} occurrences with numbers, the file loaded into Cura OK. Hope this helps.

Thanks for that information, based on your comments, this sounds like its something that Cura generates during the slicing process.  I wonder if it can be considered as a "bug".  Its more of a nuisance than anything if you want to check a file after it has been sliced and saved.

17 minutes ago, ozhawk said:

Thanks for that information, based on your comments, this sounds like its something that Cura generates during the slicing process.

Nope, it's in your start- / end-scripts, {travel_speed} seems not to be a valid symbol for Cura.

The snippets are labeled with:

"; Ender 5 Custom Start G-code"

"; Ender 5 Custom End G-code"

where does this come from? 🤷‍♂️

Anyway: you can edit those things in the Cura machine settings.