Over Extruding with an AnyCubic Mega S and Cura 4.4

Posted · Over Extruding with an AnyCubic Mega S and Cura 4.4

Hello forum.

I am new to 3D printing and have had reasonable success with printing small miniatures (something with not much surface area).

However, I have been trying to print something with a bit more width and I have an issue (that was also present with my earlier prints, but did not cause so much of an issue as they has a small surface area).

The issue is that I seem to be extruding when the print-head is moving to its next position. I have spent a lot of time ensuring that the print bed is level and clean. I have adjusted the 'Retraction' flow, Hot-end temperature, Bed temperature within the Cura configurations but to no avail.

The printer is an AnyCubic Mega S with the supplied 1.75mm filament.

Any help or pointers will be gratefully received...

Harold Clements

WIN_20191221_14_14_17_Pro.jpg

IMG_20191220_153530.jpg

Hi and welcome!

You can try if it is better when you turn off combing (search for the setting in Cura)

For me it seems it is a normal travel move inside the object and therefore no retract happens, because it doesn't matter. With combing off, the printer should retract also when traveling inside the object. 

I am not sure if there are more settings with an effect on the retract, I normally don't care about it.

To avoid just the line on your first picture you can set combing to not in skin, that you don't have such lines on the top surface for example.

• Like 2

set combing to be "everywhere but skin".  something like that.

Also in layer view, turn on movements (check the box).  You can see which moves are retraction versus non-retracting (different shades of blue).

You want to make sure these moves are retracting moves (by default they are non-retracting and leave that line you don't like).

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Over Extruding with an AnyCubic Mega S and Cura 4.4

Thank you very much... This has fixed my issue.

I am very grateful for your help and so will my grandson whose xmas present I am trying to print. I know I am cutting it fine to be ready for the day, but the printer was an early present for me 🙂

Kind Regards,

Harold...

Edited by haroldjclements

• 2 weeks later...