User Manual for Cura Software

kdknowles

Posted · User Manual for Cura Software

Hello All,

Merry Christmas and thanks in advance for any info that might help.  I am looking for the Cura 4.4.1 user manual.  I see it on the website but I don't see a way to download it as a pdf.  Anyone got a link for me?

Thanks again

Kdknowles

• 6 months later...

I see the link for the online "user's guide" but like user kdknowles, I too would like a PDF user manual.  I find online "user manuals" to be far less useful than a PDF that I can print off if I so desire.  Sure would appreciate whoever maintains the website content to provide all of those files merged into a single PDF for those of us who prefer that option.

Posted (edited) · User Manual for Cura Software

I'd also like a pdf version of the manual.

The assumption is that you will be connected to the internet when using Cura. Well that's not alwasy possible for me as the printer is in my garage and the wifi to there is sometimes flaky leaving me with no internet connection. 

I'm just starting out with £D printing and so expect to be needing to reference the manual regularly.

Edited by lthomasrx

On 8/14/2021 at 4:56 PM, lthomasrx said:

I'd also like a pdf version of the manual.

The assumption is that you will be connected to the internet when using Cura. Well that's not alwasy possible for me as the printer is in my garage and the wifi to there is sometimes flaky leaving me with no internet connection. 

I'm just starting out with £D printing and so expect to be needing to reference the manual regularly.

You could download the SettingsGuide plugin (https://marketplace.ultimaker.com/app/cura/plugins/Ghostkeeper/SettingsGuide2). It provides a lot of information about the settings of Cura and general 3D printing advice.

• Like 1

Hi 

Have copied and pasted all the individual files from Ultimaker website for Cura. See attached. Hopes this helps every one who wants a PDF manual.

CURA Slicing Program Manual.pdf

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, WartyNZ said:

Hopes this helps every one who wants a PDF manual.

Thanks a lot, I am sure it helps beginners or others who want to dive deeper into the settings.

Posted (edited) · User Manual for Cura Software

55 pages of light reading.  @WartyNZ I hope you threw a couple of jokes in there.

If I had written that it would be 550 pages.

Edited by GregValiant

10 hours ago, GregValiant said:

If I had written that it would be 550 pages.

Not exactly, I have made the exercice and it's 205 pages if you compile the full Ultimaker documentation into a pdf document 😉

Hi Smithy

I am VERY MUCH a beginner. Have just purchased my 1st printer and it has not even arrived yet (this week if all goes well). I have downloaded and installed Cura and was looking for a manual myself, but could not find one and having read the first couple of comments of this post, decided that as I had copied the various files into MS Word it would be an idea to print as a PDF and post for others. I also find to easier to read and flip through a printed manual than a web based help files. I can have printed pages while using the computer without flipping back and forth.

For Cura there is a plugin called Settings Guide, which is also helpful. It shows a description of the setting when you hover over it. 

But I agree, for learning purposes a PDF could be easier.

Hope your printer will arrive soon and good luck for your start!