meshmixer to cura 4.4

hemrajsaroj

Posted · meshmixer to cura 4.4

Hi 

I am working on a model in meshmixer , I want to import meshmixer model into cura 4.4 with support,

the problem is when I am importing the model and support separately the position of mesh changes, using reset all model transformation in cura, but it dose not come at exact place like in meshmixer.

Please help or suggest the right way to export/ import in cura 4.4 and reset all transformation.  

12.JPG

27 minutes ago, nallath said:

What do you mean by seperately? That you can still change the settings? If that's what you want, you can select models inside a group with ctrl click

my main problem is, Export models from meshmixer  and than import (support mesh and main mesh) in cura the X,Y positions are not that accurate  as it was in meshmixer. I tried to use Reset All Model Transformation option in cura but it is not helping.

53 minutes ago, nallath said:

That's what I'm trying to tell you; If you merge the models it will ensure that the origins of both models are the same.

yes you are right , when I am merging the support and model and importing in cura 4.4 it increase the material usage and time because of the wall thickness and infill for the support  is same as main model. That's why I wanted to import model and support separately, so that I can adjust the infill and wall thickness for support and model accordingly .

That's (still) what @nallath is trying to tell you. You can still adjust settings per model if you "merge" the model in Cura. Merging in Cura is very much like grouping, but it joins the model origins. But you can still select the models individually and adjust their settings. You can select an individual model within a group by clicking on it while holding down the ctrl key. Then you can manipulate it as if it were not grouped/merged.

• Like 1

Thank you for the replies here, very helpful, learning Meshmixer.