Leea

Print not centered on bed

Posted · Print not centered on bed

I am using Cura 4.4.0 with an Ender-3. This is the first time I am trying to print something close to bed size. I am printing 200mm long (not too wide) and my bed is 220mm. The actual plate is 235mm. In the slice it looks centered on the bed but when I print it is real close to the near edge, less than 5mm. That means the far edge is 30mm away instead of the 17 it should be. It lost adhesion and crashed the print. If I move the zero location of the bed the head won't clear the bed on start up resets. Why is that and how do I center it.

Lee

Hi.  I have the same problem with a Crealty CR20.  It has a 220mm square build surface. For the first time on a large print I noticed that it is printing really close to the front edge.  When I Autohome the print head the nozzle is about 4 mm forward of the build plate. The problem is the rear limit switch. It allows the build plate to move too far backwards when you do an Autohome. Manually moving the build plate forward to where I want it leaves the rear stop about 5mm forward of the limit switch. I loosened the mounting bolts on the limit switch to see if it would slide forward but it is not adjustable. So my only solution is to move my build surface as far foward as possible using the paper clips. This is only a problem for large prints that are close to the size of the build plate. Most of my prints are smaller. I have a question about this in to my vendor but no response yet. 

IMG_3433.thumb.JPG.3a10bd58a852b9b3ab41cbcbc8a346c9.JPG

I forgot to mention that if I try to print something full size it will of course fall off the edge of the bed. I would like to know if you find anything.

Lee