Help Design a better Ultimaker 2 Reel Holder

Posted · Help Design a better Ultimaker 2 Reel Holder

Help Design a better Ultimaker 2 Reel Holder.

As I mentioned before because the new reel holder has a lip that stops the reel from moving... this lip is so far away from the back of the printer, that fresh springy filament can jump out of the reel and down between the reel and the back plate.. causing clogging..

so we need to create a nice clean solution for this problem..

Ideas gentlemen ? :-)

I wonder would ultimaker give us the 3d model of the existing new reel holder.. we might be able to hack that and make a really nice printable upgrade for ultimaker2.

Ian :-)

here we are its a beta version so simple but must be work fine....i hope

Ultimaker2filamentG.V1.0

And the download link at:https://www.youmagine.com/designs/ultimaker-2-filament-guide-beta-v1-3

i just start printing....don be so critic..... :oops:

The frame already has holes for a filament guide and it works really well.

It was apparently meant for future dual spool setup and was only available on some pre-production units (of which we have one).

The filament guide is supposed to go into the lower back holes and it works very well. I have a couple of hundred of hours of printing already with this.

I already recommended that they should include it.

It should not be too hard to print one that is designed for those mounting holes; most likely I can put up a picture tomorrow.

I only found a picture from far away put I hope it explains what I mean:

Filament guide example For fellow UM2 owners

Cheers

Daniel

good to know what thats hole for...thanks,its clear then the machine was prepare for improvements dual extruder etc,just extrange theirs disregarded that.

for the moment i be printing the V1.1 of mi monster filament guide (the V1.0 dont works well) :-P :-P

In need to redisgn de model to fit a bit better hope you like the concept it works fine right now let you some picks guys.

medium image3

medium image

medium image2

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/ultimaker-2-filament-guide-beta-v1-3

Looks like a clever design and it came out well!

What is your experience with it, compared to without your additional part?

not so much difference, i got no problems before with it, but cud be happend, and basicly makes me feel safe for long prints, also needs to be fit a bit. the first models i made with the same diameter then spool hole notice i broke a couple, then made it bigger then the guide goes a bit to the right up than also its better to guide trow the natural way of the filament,

medium image2

cud be great a light version then fits on the back betwen the spool holder and the back panel with an "L" form, for gently fits the two spools with two hole filament guide on the middle area of the spools...without need to unmont the guide holder everytime you change the filament spools :-P

Putting that little hole - at that spot - centered on the filament - and so close - makes it very unlikely that the filament will go off the edge. Love that. Clever.

i love seeing these simple and clever design solutions...

nice :-)

Ian :-)

In use already! It will let me sleep well tonight. Thank you NachoKaoS! :-)