100% Infill Problem

MiKo

Posted · 100% Infill Problem

Hello everybody,

my name is Michael and I am working with an UM 3ext since About a year. I have printed for a long time with CURA 3.6. 

Updated to 4.4.1. some time ago without using extensive. 

Now I tried to do an easy print job asap.

But I can not get a 100% infill in the real part. As you can see in the picture, the setting is 100%, but the preview as well as the printed parts have an infill pattern. (in 3.6. is works as expected).

Any idea, which parameter I have to change?

Thank you in Advance.

Michael

image.thumb.png.2b73a26dd553ed8b519e2b2a8896be5f.png

3 minutes ago, MiKo said:

Hello everybody,

my name is Michael and I am working with an UM 3ext since About a year. I have printed for a long time with CURA 3.6. 

Updated to 4.4.1. some time ago without using extensive. 

Now I tried to do an easy print job asap.

But I can not get a 100% infill in the real part. As you can see in the picture, the setting is 100%, but the preview as well as the printed parts have an infill pattern. (in 3.6. is works as expected).

Any idea, which parameter I have to change?

Thank you in Advance.

Michael

image.thumb.png.2b73a26dd553ed8b519e2b2a8896be5f.png

Hello Michael, can you send me a 3mf file by going to File > Save... in Cura and attaching it here? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
    21 minutes ago, thorsenrune said:

Is infill pattern ignored at 100%?

Yes, it is.

If you want it not to be ignored, set the number of Bottom Layers back to 8 (or so). By default, Cura prints everything as a bottom layer when setting the infill pattern to 100%.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the answer. Sorry could you explain further what you mean in "If you want it not to be ignored, set the number of Bottom Layers back to 8 (or so). By default, Cura prints everything as a bottom layer when setting the infill pattern to 100%."

In other words, what do you propose to obtain a stronger bonding - which I think would be a continuous extrusions of the yellow (TPU) material around the blue ' PLA stitching'?

Its already good but I get inconsistent results for the four boundaries of a rectangle with this technique.

There is a setting in Cura named "Bottom Layers". Make it visible, and then see what happens if you change the infill density to 100. Spoiler alert: its value changes. Now change the value of "Bottom Layers" back to what it was, and slice again.

I have no experience combining PLA and TPU. I think that Ultimaker Breakaway material is a mix containing TPU, and it has been specifically designed to break away easily from PLA. That makes me suspect that PLA and TPU don't adhere very well. You may want to look in to the "Alternate Extra Wall" setting to improve adhesion.

• Like 1

Ok, you are magician. Thanks for sharing this hidden gem.

Using Engineering profile,  changing infill to 100% makes Shell-bottom layers go up to 9999999

I change that to 1 and slice. 

I can change the pattern to concentric giving me this

image.png.916c52c84e4b084d326d797032a1a3a6.png

Grid (seems not 100% though)

image.png.36bf8eb4733dcc997c076a5836a27046.png

It seems like a good option to 'catch' the 'blue pins' so I would have expected setting wall line count= 0 would make the grid go around the pins but no:

image.png.84c777bd82d0053c503a2e8219f9199e.png

Maybe what I'm looking for is a slicing like:

image.png.41ca8d6c8d2e191e3795692fe9ff2970.png

What do you think could be close match?

Hello everybody,

thank you for help.

@ ahoeben: The Information with the number of bottom layers made it. In my case this was overwritten by "3" (whyever)

After resetting, everything works fine again. 

Best regards

Michael