Print multiply models

Posted · Print multiply models

Hello

I am new in the 3d world , I want to print 4 models but not in the same time (constant Z), I want to load the g code and to print 1 by 1 when the printer finish 1 to go to the other model is it possible? I attache the photo is just an example. I want to do this because when i try to print them in the middle and all in the same time afhter the 3 layer 1 piece get off from the 

platform and destroy the other models.

Screenshot 2020-03-01 at 12.16.03.png

You want to set the setting "print sequence" to "one at a time".  Note that it will not honor your request if the parts are too close together relative to your machine settings print head size.  And it will not honor your request if your parts are higher than the "gantry height" (also in machine settings).

But these parts look plenty small enough so you may be lucky and not have to mess with your "machine settings".

Also note that several plugins that rely on "layer height" have trouble with "one at a time" mode.  Such as the plugin "tweak at Z".  But most likely you don't use any plugins.

You will know it worked because as you scroll through layer height in preview screen you will see it doing one part at a time.

By the way, in general, with small parts like these, the quality will be much better if you print them all at once as one has time to cool while the other's print.  I even arrange them left to right in a line so that the fans on either side of the head cool the neighboring parts.

You could easily print in pairs or triplets by putting 2 or 3 of these in a single STL file and choosing "one at a time" mode.

If you are getting stringing between the parts it might make more sense to tackle that issue instead.