cgeneee

Wondering if this print requires support?

Posted · Wondering if this print requires support?

Hi, Im new to using ultimaker machines and cura in general, but from
my understanding from google is that the red colours indicate overhangs
in my model but it seems some prints are fine even with these indications.

Just wondering if this print will require any support at all as its a fairly large
print.

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot (110).jpg

Since the contact surface at the bottom is fairly small compared to the size of the model, supports might help or even be necessary to keep the model attached to the buildplate.

Thanks for the response, do you think there needs to be support within the inside of the shell form aswell to print the top red indication?

Posted (edited) · Wondering if this print requires support?

I don't think so.

The red parts are not an indication of what *needs* support, but of what will *get* support wth the current support overhang angle. But it does not take into account the "support placement" setting. It really is just an indication; not an error or warning that the world will explode if you try to print this without supports.

Common sense is more important than the red indication here.

Edited by ahoeben

I would set the support placement setting to "touching buildplate" only.