Rouzic

Cura 4.5.0 UM2 Olsson bloc

Posted · Cura 4.5.0 UM2 Olsson bloc

Hello,

I work without problems with cura 4.3.0 appimage in Linux Mint 19.1 Cinnamon kernel Linux 4.15.0-88 with an Ultimaker 2 printer with an Olsson block.

Cura 4.4.0, 4.4.1 and 4.5.0 appimage have always crashed at boot time since their release. I hadn't had time to go deeper.

Today I decided to run version 4.5.0 and reset all Cura configurations (mv ~/.config/cura ~/.config/cura.old and mv ~/.local/share/cura ~/.local/share/cura.old) on my PC.

I have started cura 4.5.0 appimage without any problems I have reinstalled all the plug-ins I use .

My problem is that I can't tell cura 4.5.0 that the printer has an Ollson block...
in Preferences/Configure Cura/Printer no Select upgrades button

No " "Advanced” settings tab" as described here https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/18022-setting-up-cura

Thank you for your help.

Posted (edited) · Cura 4.5.0 UM2 Olsson bloc

Almost solved by adding "UM2 with Olsson block" printer and not a simple "UM2" printer.

I now have the possibility to choose the diameter of the nozzle.

But no more generic material when I choose this printer. the list is empty. and for the UM2 too...

What's going on?

Capture du 2020-03-18 13-52-16.png

Edited by Rouzic

If you want to be able to select materials for the Ultimaker 2 in Cura, you have to go to Machine Settings and change the GCode FLavor to "Marlin".

12 hours ago, ahoeben said:

If you want to be able to select materials for the Ultimaker 2 in Cura, you have to go to Machine Settings and change the GCode FLavor to "Marlin".

It makes no difference.

I've conducted several tests:
Test 1
1) clean ~/.config/cura and /.local/share/cura
2) start 4.5.0.appimage
3) select the "Ultimaker 2" printer
     G-code flavor : ultimaker 2 -> No generic materials
     G-code flavor : repeater or marlin -> generic materials ok
Test 2
1) clean ~/.config/cura and /.local/share/cura
2) start 4.5.0.appimage