COVID 19

geetee

In Italy 3D printers got used to print replacement parts for heath care machines in hospitals but problem is they can not openly give out stl files for parts due to patterns and copyrights from the company’s that own/make the machines.

But that don’t stop people from contacting local doctors and hospitals and saying they are willing to help if needed and explain what your able to do.

Large companies aren't trying to stop us printing medical equipment - they are trying to stop people from copying their designs.

If we want to print some valves we should design our own valves and optimize them for 3D printing. That way we don't infringe on copyright and we should end up with better printed valves anyhow.

I'm not sure whether 3D printed valves are very sanitary, though. The tiny ridges of the layers can accumulate dust and bacteria.

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone, thank you for bringing this up and wanting to contribute. That is amazing. We thought the same at Ultimaker and we're finalising our plan. We all have tools, knowledge and experience, and this can be used to help others. Today or tomorrow at the latest we should be able to tell you more about it and how you would potentially be able to help. 

Here is my post: 

I just got asked if I could print 100 masks.  It's the Montana Mask that the doctor would like.  It's going to take me 1 hour, 22 minutes for each mask, but I'm sure I could speed that up if I printed them nested, and stacked vertically.  I'm going to start a separate thread.

Hi Brian,  I just responded to your other post. Good luck!