Printer API Access Request

GoPirates

Posted · Printer API Access Request

Hello Ultimaker Community,

I am a  Computer Science Master's student at East Carolina University, and am doing a master's thesis on using machine learning to predict faults in printers.  I was working with a company in the Bay area to gather data from their printers and use that to create a predictive model.  Because of the coronavirus they are shutdown for an unknown period of time.

Is there someone who has their Ultimakers exposed on the internet who will let me connect to them and gather data for my thesis?

I can either credit you in any published report, or keep your company name private and obfuscate the data.

Thanks you,

Mike Finch

I'd love to give you this data, but we're in the exact same situation.

What kind of data do you need? We might have some older data that we could re-use for this.

Thank you for replying @nallath.  I'm trying to see if I can determine from the the temperatures and fan power if there has been a fan, heater or even a filament jam.  Ideally I would be able to detect it far enough in advance to warn someone to pause a multi-hour print or even to perform maintenance before it started.

In addition to the printer data itself I would need to know if anything broke on that run.

In general, for people reading these posts, exposing your printer's reverse proxy directly to the internet is not a good idea. Better to use Ultimaker Cloud for this so your connection is actually secure.

You can find Ultimaker cloud API documentation at https://api.ultimaker.com/docs/.