First Layer Issues

Posted (edited) · First Layer Issues

Hi! This isn’t an ultimaker (Monoprice MP Delta) , but I’m having general issues with maybe bed adhesion? I’ll attach a picture, but whenever my printer does the first layer, the filament pulls up. There’s little holes in the layer, and it messes up the whole print. it also does this if the first layer is on top of a raft. It still pulls up. I’m printing on a glass bed, with glue stick. Temperatures are 200c on the nozzle, and 60c on the bed. I’ve tried to adjust the flow rate to fix layer adhesion problems, but it still wont stick to the bed. I know my bed is leveled, and I’ve used these settings before. My first layer speed is 10mm/s. I’ve tried everything, and it never seems to work. I’ve never had these issues before, and it all the sudden started. I’ve done some research on increasing temperatures while printing, an I usually printed at 190c but have increased to 200c. It helped a little, but going to 210c didn’t help much more, so I went back to 200c. The raft did stick fine too, but the layers after it did the weird peeling up you can see in the pictures. Should I try painters tape, or is this entirely unrelated to bed adhesion since the rafts stick? This also happens on different models sliced with different profiles, so I don’t think it is a problem with the GCODE. I’ve played around with more settings, but nothing seems to help. I’ve tried different types of glues, different settings, going back to the original profiles.. etc. It always fails in this way whenever it starts a flat part of a model. All rafts and skirts and brims print perfectly too. Any help with this would be appreciated as I’m trying to print some parts to help with Covid-19 with the little stuff I have available to me. I know you guys are probably best with Ultimaker printers, but hopefully you can help!

0FD72BC4-844C-4D83-97ED-57F50A871614.jpeg

3E34FF04-0E3B-43C6-864E-3DB3CB1B2E61.jpeg

Edited by buglykitty
Misspellings/More Information

Posted · First Layer Issues

It looks like that your bed is not leveled correctly, the nozzle is too far away from the bed and the first layer is not squished into the bed. Level nearer to the glass and it will be much better.