UM2 Print shifting can't tighten pulley.

ATmel91

Posted · UM2 Print shifting can't tighten pulley.

So, I'll keep this quick while giving all the necessary details, the my prints, for the past few weeks all of the sudden started making this horrible gear grinding noise, so, I googled how to fix this issue and the first time I tightened some little screw-bolts for the X-axis (which is the issue, the X-axis was shifting) it worked. Then a few days later it started up again. The print I'm showing was probably the best print I got out of the issue, but there was worse. I just didn't take a picture of them.

My issue is that 1. the whole X-axis print is shifting left, only left, 2. The screw-bolt that tightens the 20 tooth bore is stripped to the bone and can't be taken out nor tightened. And everything else seems to be just fine. Here are some pictures:

IMG_20200407_190747.jpg

IMG_20200407_190818.jpg

IMG_20200407_190800.jpg

Well that sucks.  I'd buy a set of screw extractors and drill bits and get it out with that.  Probably have to drill it out part way as well.  Before you do any of that maybe buy some spare parts (spare pulley with set screws).

You can lower the acceleration speed and the jerk speed.  I think defaults are 20 and 5000.  Try 10 and 2000.  It will print slower but it will put less strain on that pulley.

I see, again, thanks for the help :)

same stuff happening in a machine that arrived in my office! At least that is what I'm thinking... the x-linear shaft is sliding to the left. Which pulley should I thight? The one in all the left... conected with the X motor shaft? Actually there is no back spacer in the right side... but I will insert it back to the place as well 🙂