Cura 4.5 filling in holes

limelicious

Posted · Cura 4.5 filling in holes

Sorry I didn't look at your model but there's something wrong with the model.  Maybe the normals are wrong.  Go into mesh fixes - make those all visible and uncheck them all - in particular it could be that "union overlapping volumes" needs to be unchecked.  If this fixes your issue then this is a hint as to the problem in your model.

You can also just run your model through netfabb free repair service on the web (it's free but you have to create an account) or try meshmixer - I think it has mesh repair tools.  I think there is also a mesh repair plug-in in cura you can try.

Posted · Cura 4.5 filling in holes

@limelicious

The short answer is: the model is not a solid, it's not watertight.

The model consists of two separate shells: a solid base and a spherical part that is just an open shell without thickness.

It seems like the walls for the holes are completely missing, the top face of the base plate is superfluous and the two parts are not properly connected to each other.

Does this help?

grafik.thumb.png.913c29a05aebf25418e3bdbe597d66c3.png

grafik.thumb.png.80ef6147fb177f360a2138017234ae47.png

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
    Posted (edited) · Cura 4.5 filling in holes

I have modified my printer a good bit and started trying other slicers but i think i may have changed a setting in Cura (4.10.0) and i get material where there should be holes. I have printed this .stl before but recently it broke while printing ABS (got some almost free otherwise i would have used petg) and figured since i have the ABS i will reprint the part in that since its better with heat than PLA and my PLA bowden tube clips did warp from the heat while printing my first parts from ABS.

This .stl shows up fine in prepare view but after slicing all the holes are printed solid (except the angled slots on the vertical part) and as far as i know the only thing i changed was the infill percentage. May have checked "compensate wall overlaps" on a prior print but unchecking that and changing the infill back has no effect.

Most recent change was a Microswiss all metal hotend and test print in PLA sliced and printed fine..plus that should not cause this anyway.

i attached the prep view and preview screen shots..again same exact .stl file i didn't re-download and printed 2 prior sliced in cura (older don't remember version but it was only 6 month ago, this is on a CR6se with tthe original screen bur with a BTT mobo)

PrepView.JPG

preview view.JPG

Edited by theobituary