Software cura

matteo00

Posted · Software cura

Hi,

I downloaded the latest care version and found my Anet A8 printer, but I have a problem.

When I go to preview I notice that on the walls of the object there are some kind of wrinkles (I don't know what to call them)

attached to this post there are some photos. I tried to modify the profile parameters, the shell... but nothing.  
I tried to put the settings of my printer in the prusa i3 one as I've been doing for a long time and actually if I go on

preview I can't find those wrinkles.

Could somebody help me? Thank you very much.

image.thumb.png.fee669cc795fdbcde0f793d3b0a32738.pngimage.thumb.png.c8d0530d85ccdf94d2fc25b6ed444436.png

Posted · Software cura

I think what you are seeing is infill bleeding into walls causing artifacts. One other thing to try is increasing the wall thickness to 1.2mm.

For the A8 I recommend trying an older (simpler) cura version 14.07 as the defaults that come in the Anet instructions work great out right of the box.  

I was unable to find the download on their main site but this page has it. (make sure to scan as I can't vouch for the source)

http://domoticx.com/3d-slicer-cura-software/

I am in the process of updating to version 4.5, I will post my 4.5 slicer settings once I get it sorted(producing similar GCODE to my 14 slicer settings). Pm me if you don't see it in a week. I might even post it to ultimaker so they can update the defaults as I am sure we are not the only A8 users that have encountered this issue..

• Like 1