Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
cor3ys

Cura 13.11.02 Can't level Bed

Hi Guys

Just downloaded cura 13.11.02 and updated my firmware with it on my ultimaker 2 but when i do bed leveling procedure the print head sits over the front left glass plate clip so i can not raise the bed to level it..

Have i done something wrong ?

Bed levelling

No, you're not doing anything wrong. I had the exact same issue myself on my machine. What I did was to simply take a pair of pliers and squish the two front clips together a little bit so that the head would no longer hit them. Alternatively you can swing the clips out of the way before starting the leveling process (the glass will stay in place without them temporarily).

It's unfortunate that this issue is there but thankfully it's easy to fix. I have reported this issue to Ultimaker so they are aware of it.

Hi IRoberti

That's good to know thought i had missed something or done something wrong.. I will see if i can squash the front left clip as you suggest, the right side is fine... might see how much movement there is first doing it without the clip in place....

Shame simple things like this are not tested before release or slip through the net....

yes same to me happends just turn back the clip to level and then put it again when its leveled also i notice its a little bug during printing/tune/temperature,sometimes the set temperature its "0" then if i go in and back its "220" at "0" still getting warm but....and the prints start from the oposite corner from home axis...

Shame simple things like this are not tested before release or slip through the net....

Well it isn't a problem on *every* UM2. For instance on my UM2 it just barely misses the clip and all is fine. So I think the first few UM2's that were built didn't have this issue. But not only does UM know about this problem - I saw a list of "bugs" they are fixing and this is on their short list.