Cannot remove nozzle from UM2+ it's lose but cannot take out

Posted · Cannot remove nozzle from UM2+ it's lose but cannot take out

Help,

I have a UM2, now a UM2+ thanks to the Ultimaker upgrade kit.

Still relatively new to the kit (borrowed from work during lock down.  Have been using 0.4mm nozzle okay with PTA and switched to Filamentive rPETG to do the Prusa RC3 shields.

Okay for a few days but now I (think I have a clogged nozzle):

- slow  / thin extrusion, cannot lay down enough material.

I have tried to push material though and no luck and even switch back to PLA but that now cannot go through the nozzle.

I do not have a fine enough needle to try to fix it so I tried to change the nozzle.

- Nozzle will loosen okay but it does not come down very far and will not undone with spanner, socket attachment or pliers.

- I'm doing this hot so material sticking should not be a problem.

What do you suggest (whilst I order thin needles on Amazon)?

- I wonder if I have somehow stripped the threads ( but should still come off)

Richard

Posted · Cannot remove nozzle from UM2+ it's lose but cannot take out

If you've heated the nozzle up there isn't really anything holding it except for the threads so that sounds strange. A picture/video would probably help to see what might be going on.

A needle is probably not necessary. Try to do a few "atomics"/cold pulls and see if that gets rid of the blockage.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies