Cura saying 'Not Supported' when I load Breakaway

the860engine

Posted · Cura saying 'Not Supported' when I load Breakaway

Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong? This is my first time trying to use the Ultimaker brand breakaway material with my Ultimaker s3. I have loaded the material into the machine, no problem. The issue comes when I try to load a model into the Cura software, and update material settings, but it says "Not supported"? Is it something I am doing with my model, the material, or Cura? I am trying to print a custom pint glass. Any ideas? Thanks!

Which print cores do you have it set up for? It only works with AA 0.4

Hi,

simple rule of thumb:

BB = only PVA

AA = everything else except abrasives

CC red = abrasives

If you refer to the material section at ultimaker.com, in "compatibility" each compatible printcore and nozzle size is listed.

Regards

Thanks @Enigma_M4! Just got my s3 in the mail last Wed and feel like the package didn't come with very much product information included; was hoping there would be more documents in there, at least a usb loaded with a user manual, or something that would have tables with this information in it. At least for Ultimaker brand materials.

17 hours ago, the860engine said:

@maht Do you have a reference that I could access for which print core to use with which materials? This could really back me up in the future as I continue to broaden my uses with the s3!

Yeah sure, take a look over here https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012058219-How-to-print-with-Ultimaker-Breakaway

@maht do you know of any charts or tables I can find online that visualize all of the information for all the materials the s3 is capable with; almost like a tap & die hole sizing chart, but with the different materials listed with compatible print cores, and common uses and strengths of the materials?

1 hour ago, the860engine said:

@maht do you know of any charts or tables I can find online that visualize all of the information for all the materials the s3 is capable with; almost like a tap & die hole sizing chart, but with the different materials listed with compatible print cores, and common uses and strengths of the materials?

None that I'm aware of but it's a good suggestion, I'll pass it on.

Thanks. I just feel like something like that would do well hung on the wall behind my printer.